Four

A month at his new school and Harry is just about ready to go crazy.

School is boring, because he already had everything. He studied everything and could just take the final exams right now.

Yes, Harry is quite smart if he wants to.

But because of the accident he couldn't apply for the exams and wouldn't have been able to take them anyways. He still was tied to a hospital bed back then with no will to live.

Living with Anne is taking a tool on him. He tries to avoid her as good as he can. To give her space and not force her to see the person that is the reason her mate died. Every time Harry looks at her she looks so broken and hurt. He did that. He hurt his own mother...

Though sometimes a small part of him tells him that he has the wrong idea. That his mum looks so down because her son is avoiding her and that is hurting her. That he is hurting her more than helping her.

And then there is his sweet poison; Louis Tomlinson.

Part of him can't wait to see his mate every day, but the other part hates it. Harry tries his best to seem as unaffected and nonchalant about the omega who sits next to him every day in their last period. Though his wolf obviously notices the pain that this causes the smaller one.

Louis already seems so shy and careful with what he does and say so the rejection he is getting from his mate visibly hurts him.

But he will get over it; Harry always tells himself.

The omega will get over Harry, because he deserves so much better than him.

So yes, seeing Louis each day brings some sweetness into his dull and sad life. But it's also the poison that is killing him by having to ignore and with that hurt him.

Right now Harry is doing exactly this. Hurting Louis by ignoring him.

Their teacher talks on and on about something Harry already knows so he turned it off. Instead he started to sketch in his notebook. His motive is - as it always seems to be since he's here - Louis.

He gets out of his head as he feels something poke his ribs. As he looks to the side he sees Louis looking worried and a bit scared as he places down a pencil.

Then his attention is pulled to the teacher who is looking at him a bit annoyed.

"Mister Styles, I advise you to listen to what I say next, since you are a new student and you don't know about this probably." the man says.

Harry just rolls his eyes and closes his sketch book. "Sure, go on." he says sounding bored.

The teacher shakes his head barely noticable before he walks back to his desk, leaning against it.

"In two weeks we will be going on our class trip. As you all know, every senior class is doing it." he starts to explain. "Three pairs, one house. Your partner is the person you are sitting next to, though you can choose your other pairs. I need a list with all groups by wednesday and I'm sure you are old enough to work it our yourself."

Harry's head falls onto the table. One week with Louis in a house? How will he survive this?

"This trip is for you to see how it is to live with another gender that is your age. If any heat or rut falls onto this week, please tell me as soon as possible."

"Why three pairs though? Weren't it always two in a house?" someone Harry doesn't remember the name of asks as he decides to look back up.

"Because this year we got three bedroom houses and it allows for more people to see if everything goes well with their housemates." the teacher explains with a smile on his face.

"Now I have a letter for your parents, to inform them of the week that I will need back signed by them. I will call you up and please come get it."

He then starts calling people up in no particular order.

"Louis Tomlinson." Harry feels the omega stand up to go. "Harry Styles."

He just loosened the breaks as the letter is placed on his side of the table. The alpha looks up, seeing Louis sit down while biting his lip.

"I can get my own stuff." he growls, aggressively putting in his breaks again and stuffing the letter in his bag.

He hears Louis' whimper, obviously. He has a pretty good hearing ability. Harry ignores it. He can't care for the omega. The sooner both accept that this will and can't never happen, the better.

Though it is pretty hard. His mate whimpered because of him growling. Harry just hates to be belittled because he sits in a wheelchair. He can do stuff on his own and doesn't need anyone helping him.

-

The rest of the class went by quietly and slow. Harry felt worse and worse every minute that passed, because the omega seemed to get smaller and smaller next to him. Every move Harry made, Louis seemed to flinch.

This made the alpha worried. He already had the suspicion that something happened to the omega that made him so quiet around a lot of people. Louis seems to act fine, like a normal teenager when around Liam - that beta friend - or the blonde, overactive omega with his more quiet mate.

The thought of someone hurting the poor boy so he is shy around others and flinches whenever someone moves angers Harry.

However, Harry should stop thinking about it or he will find that fucker and hurt him really bad for laying a hand on his mate - uh, classmate, obviously.

As he rolls down the hallways towards the exit he suddenly hears fast footsteps behind him, approaching him.

"Hey asshole!" someone calls out and Harry stops. He is the only one in the hallways since Mr. Peters let them off a bit early and everyone else is still in class.

So he waits for the person to step in front of him. Harry raises an eyebrow at the beta, who is glaring down at him as he steps in front of him.

The alpha just crosses his arms and waits for the guy to speak, what he eventually does.

"I know you try to act like the big bad alpha wolf here, but you and no one else has the right to growl at my friend for being nice." the beta growls. "Whatever your problem is; get over it."

Harry glares. "Listen here, Liam. I may be handicapped and in a wheelchairs, but that gives no one the right to baby me and think they have to do shit for me - not even my mate." he growls back.

He doesn't wait for an answer as he rolls past Liam, though the beta has a little more to say. "He wasn't babying you! He was trying to be nice and not have you make a whole lot of fuzz about getting your wheelchair out of between the two tables and then back in again. He just got you a fucking letter it's not like he pushed you up to the teachers desk or wiped your ass!"

Harry doesn't say anything and just walks out the doors. Before they shut he hears Liam squeak shocked.

"Your mate?!"

Then the door falls shut and Harry is on his way back home. Looks like Louis didn't tell his friends about them being mates. Probably the best, but whatever. It's not Harry's problem to deal with. He has his own.

Like how he feels even more like shit, because Louis didn't want to belittle him, he wanted to not make Harry do a lot of annoying maneuvers to get a simple letter when Louis was already at the front.

He is an asshole, isn't he?

--&--

If you wanna support me a bit, go and give me a little tip on my Ko-fi page! Link in bio!

Love y'all💕