Chapter 2

The leopard's head shot up as he was startled by the deafening cry which rang through the woods. He attempted to jump up, only to land on his leg, leading to a yelp of pain. No doubt his yelp had been heard when the roaring stopped and quick footsteps became louder and louder. In a futile attempt to escape, the helpless leopard pushed past the pain and darted around his home like crazy.

He was beyond pissed.

Not only was his territory being invaded by another predator, and by the sounds of it, a big one, he was also awoken from his rest. It was besides the point that he hadn't had the chance to fully fall asleep anyway, it was the chance.

Now that he was positive that the creature was still on his tail, the leopard took a risk and kept, thankfully landing on a branch able to support his small weight.

He stared at the brush as the intruding predator grew closer. Multiple scents filled the wild cats nose as the bushes rustled. Out stepped three men, two of which carried rifles, one carrying a medium sized metal box with a disk inside.

Bastards.

"The prints end here, it's around here somewhere."
The larger stated. The three looked around for their prey in which they tricked, hoping that they would score something better than bear and buck.

Lucky for them, one of the most powerful creatures in the woods was sitting right above their heads, silently praying that they wouldn't look up.

Unfortunately, things never go right when you pray.

The smallest of the three was about to suggest giving up, but as he raised his head to groan in annoyance, he caught a glimpse of a flicking tail. He grabbed his gun and shot blindly into the trees, the other two following despite being utterly confused. To their surprise and delight, a small, skinny, injured, male leopard fell off of the lowest branch and right into their clutches.

A.N: I know it's short, but I wanna write BL, so I'm rushing the scenes until then. Hopefully I'll get the BL to start next chapter... >_<