Chapter 12

Yaju was not going to get used to this.

It was like having his own cub. Kento was constantly hanging over him, cooing in his ear, begging the leopard to play with him, and constantly referring to a "bonding moment," which Yaju had no recollection of.

It was also a good kind of unsure. Kento was fun to be around, and Yaju has decided that even if it made him slightly uncomfortable at times, the result was worth it. The human would always end up leaning and cuddling the leopard, an affection that Yaju had been deprived of all his life.

It was all going well, cuddles, food, water, but nothing stays that way.

One night, when the moon had been gleaming through the blinds and awoke the leopard, he found himself to be restless. As a result, he decided to do something that he hadn't done in a long time.

Shift.

The leopard wasn't the average "Wild Beast." His intelligence wasn't luck of the draw. Yaju was a shifter. Most people instantly think of werewolves, and in a way, it was similar. Though he hadn't been in his human form for two years, the action was like talking; difficult at times, but you can't forget how to speak.

It was supposed to be a small stretch session. Just a few laps around the house before shifting back and going back to sleep. It didn't occur to him that Kento may see, it wasn't going to take more than ten minutes.

Of course, once he shifted into his form, it was like a breath of fresh air. Yaju couldn't do this in the wild, it was a vulnerable state that turned the predator into prey. Here, Yaju could relax.

He struggled to walk, but after a few minutes of wall support, the wobbly male made it out of the bedroom and down the stairs. Of course, he was rusty and his side aches, but he persisted nonetheless.

Unfortunately, his senses were a little less sharp in this new form, and therefore, couldn't hear the light hum of the coffee machine, nor the gentle footsteps navigating the kitchen.

It wasn't until the swoosh of blonde hair made an appearance. It was too late.

"Kento? What are you doing up? I thought you liked to sleep in on "torcherous days postponing the inevitable?" Alexis had yet to turn around, but the male was still frozen in shock. He was stark naked, in a house that he believed was empty, in human form, in front of a person who already disliked him.

Well fuck.

"Kento? I know you're not a morning person, but at least say he- What the fuck!?"

With wide eyes, the shocked female stared at Yaju in disbelief. Her eyes raked his body and her face turned into slow disgust.

"Hey bud, you're naked. I know Kento swings that way, but holy fuck, at least put some clothes on before introducing yourself to me."

With a gruff voice, Yaju spoke up. "No. No person. Leave me alone." Of course, the leopard shifter should practice his English first.

"Are you supposed to be here? Babe didn't tell me about you. Are you an intruder? Did you just rape my baby!?"

"Rape?"

"Oh God! You raped him?! Kento! Kento?! Kento get your ass down here and help me murder this monster!"

Kento, being the light sleeper he is, recognized the shrill voice, and made way downstairs. The poor male was never an early bird, and heaven forbid he be woken up.

"Alexis, get the fuck out of my house." Kento said in a quiet voice, radiating in anger, as he rubbed his tired eyes.

"Who is this man!"

Kento looked up, confused when his eyes met familiar green ones. Until he saw who they belonged to.

"The fuck? Yaju?"

"Who's Yaju!?"

"Him, obviously, you dumb fuck."

"And who is he?"

At the moment, Kento wasn't registering anything she said. He was going to respond with 'the leopard,' but when it clicked that his beloved pet was no longer a leopard. He was a man. A naked man.

The shocked boy scampered back until his head met the wall. He stared at the male with a look that screamed fear. The male before him was a few inches taller than him, and his skin was a slightly tan complexion. He had ebony hair which made his piercing olive green eyes stand out. If it weren't for these eyes, Kento would be even more fearful. Something about them told him that this was Yaju. They were the same eyes he saw at the auction. The same emotion hiding behind them. The same fear.