Chapter 4

The leopard, however, did not think anything about this was pleasant. After being taken away by the stupid men, he was sent to what he assumed to be a human meeting. The small wild cat was thrown into a warm bath, unable to move, and bathed in the most uncomfortable manner. After being rubbed down by a stubby, blonde lady, he was thrown into a cage and was expected to wait there for however long they saw fit.

This was not the treatment the leopard expected. The vivid memory of his mother had him sure that his end was near. The underlying dread he felt was replaced by excitement when the thought of seeing his mother came into mind, but now, he was back to dread.

People could be heard yelling from the other room, numbers and such being spit out every few seconds. Animals in a similar cage as his would be rolled past and through a curtain on the other side of the room.

Very few wild creatures such as himself were seen. A tiger who was in the cage across from his kept whimpering, as if he wasn't the biggest wild cat and true king of the jungle. People would go towards him and shush him by raising their voice just a tad louder than before, but as soon as he left, the broken cries were back.

Out of all that has happened, that was the scariest part.

What on earth scared his predator so bad? What could possibly terrify someone who could kill the leopard in under a minute?

The answer soon came to him.

His container began to move, a small squeak here and there due to the wheels turning the wrong way. The curtain moved in a dramatic manner, revealing a pure white stage in a pitch black room. With his olive eyes having the ability to see in the dark, only the leopard could see all of both worlds. The lights on the stage were directed towards his cage, blinding the leopard for just a moment before adapting. Out in the crowd stood hundreds of people, all wearing black clothing. They stared at him in interest, intrigued by the ebony cat.

Of course, the leopard had only seen four people in his life before this moment, and none of the encounters were good. This caused a silent fear to come off him in heavy waves. Numbers were booming throughout the massive room, echoing off the walls and deafening the leopard's ears.

Finally, the calls stopped, and the frightened wild cat was safe from the prying eyes. The terse woman who pushed his metal prison abruptly stopped and left him in a dark room. Looking around with his privileged eyes, he could see ropes and muzzles lined against the wall.

For what seemed like years he waited. Hunger ate away at the already starving leopard and an aching pain surged through him. His wounds had been treated as soon as he entered the building, and he had witnessed a number of people tie him down and dig into his body, retrieving five metal pellets left by the hunters.

The only thing keeping the enslaved leopard from roaring in agony was the blue tablets they forced down his throat.

Tearing him from his thoughts, a golden light dribbled into the room. The door that he had stared at for hours slowly opened, brilliant hazel eyes peeking through the gap in the frame. Slowly, a man emerged from the light.

A.N: I think I'm just going to have many short chapters....