Chapter 6

As the car came to a slow stop, the leopard observed as much as he could through the bars of his iron cage. From the looks of things, the house was decent. It wasn't large, but looked inviting. White shutters made up the exterior walls with a dark oak door with a silver knob as the main focus. Windows had red drapes hanging from inside, and the only visible feature from inside was the small glimpse of a well-kept kitchen.

Kento exited his pearly white car and opened the back door, looking down at the cautious leopard. From the looks of things, he calmed down a few notches, as he was not growling at the mere sight of a human.

Happily, Kento grabbed hold of the small handles on the side of the cage and pulled, attempting to gently lift the heavy cage. With pleading eyes, he turned to look at Alexis, who got the message loud and clear.

"Ain't no way I'm helping you with that thing. He's all yours."

"But I don't wanna drop him."

"Why not just let him stroll up to the door?"

Muttering under his breath in annoyance, Kento ignored her comment and continued with his attempts, eventually getting the cage out without startling the wild cat. With the wheels extended, the exhausted male pushed the cage, heaving all the while. Luckily, the door wasn't on a porch, leading to an easy push into the house.

Once inside, Kento collapsed on the couch. That was too much for him.

"You should go to the gym."

Glaring at his useless friend, Kento rolled over on his pure black couch and stuck up a hand which hosted a middle finger. What a pleasant gift.

The decor and furniture were decent, for someone with a middle-class house, but then again, Kento had just out-bid everyone for a pure black leopard, so he was obviously well-off.

The couch and carpet were all ebony black, while the curtains, pillows and blankets, which were sprawled all over the couch, were a deep crimson. The kitchen was connected to the living room, the only divider being the sudden stop of the black carpet and start of a dark wood. The kitchen counters were a black marble with bits of white blended in.

A staircase was in the center of this division, leading to a second floor. A TV hung off the wall, a coffee table underneath and covered in papers with drawing on them. Everything appeared neat and clean. It was hard to believe that this was a middle-class man, and it was beginning to become obvious that first appearances are nearly always wrong.

The leopard was fascinated at the new environment, but after five minutes of observing, he found that the small cage was becoming more and more boring to be in when all these new scents were greeting him. Letting out a small, quiet grunt of annoyance, he stared at the tall girl in front of him.

Her eyes were a deep blue, with long, curly blonde hair reaching her hips. Her frame was slim and she seemed to resemble a stick with her thin arms and long legs. Though she was pretty, the look on her face gave her a nasty scent. She was scared. The stench of fear smells strongly of piss, so when being only a few yards away from her, the leopard found himself scrunching his snout in disgust.

"Oh God! He's showing me his teeth! He wants to eat me! Kento, save me!"

The leopard got his first good look at the male as he stood up from the couch. He was short when compared to the woman, standing at what must have been 5"4. His hair was a dark brown, nearly black and was messy, as if he had just woken up. His eyes shared the same coloration as his har, dark and mystifying. Kento's frame was just as thin as Alexis, but a bit more broad in the thighs.

"Relax, you probably just smell bad. Look, he isn't growling, and his nose is twitching. When's the last time you showered?"

"Shut up! I showered this morning!"

"Doesn't look like it."

Alexis glowed red as she marched to the couch to sulk. Meanwhile, Kento knelt down to the leopard.

"Listen, as soon as she leaves, I'll give a tour, okay? I hope you'll like it here," He whispered in a soft, soothing voice. "Just hang in there. I promise it won't belong."

With a grunt which Kento took as an 'I understand but can't speak 'cause I'm a leopard you dumb fuck,' he stood up and turned to the pouting woman on his couch.

"How about this, I'll make you a sandwich and then you can leave me and my leopard alone. Sounds good?"

After an awkward silence, Alexis nodded. Yes, she cared for the small male, but she didn't want to die from his ignorance.

"Remember, ham, lettuce and cheese with honey mustard."

"Don't have honey mustard."

"Peasant, you don't have any condiments other than ketchup."

"'Cause I don't like any condiments other than ketchup, and even that's rare."

"Weirdo."

"Gross weirdo."

While sticking his tongue out at his friend, he trekked over to the kitchen to make the food. The leopard made a big job of turning around, making sure that his eyes were always on him. Of course, Alexis freaked out.

"He's going to eat you! He's eyeing you! You're gonna die, babe."

With a slight chuckle, Kento turned around to make a snide remark, but froze at the look in the leopard's eye.

Acumen.

He was listening to them. There was a look of superiority directed to the two humans, showing that he was stronger,faster, and smarter than them. Was that normal? Did all animals have an intelligent look?

Shaking his head and turning back to the counter, he listened to Alexis's rant.

"If you die I'll have to draw and edit the manga! I'll start looking old with all of that stress. You don't want me to look old! Just send him back to the auction!"

A growl rang through the kitchen. Clearly, that option was not on the table.

"Lexi, just shut up. I'm keeping him, and that's final. You have no say. Anyway, your sandwich is done, eat and then go home so you can sleep. It's starting to get late and as you said, you can't look old."

With a huff and a nod, Alexis sat down at the elegant table, Kento sitting across from her. They talked about work and what to do while on their monthly break as Alexis made slow progress on her food.

The leopard watched in pure boredom as the two spoke, but he had some interest in the food Alexis held. What seemed like hours later, Lexi left with a hug and 'goodnight,' leaving the two males alone.

"Okay, let's get you out of that cage."