Chapter 3

The comfort both siblings felt as they slept together was sadly interrupted by the beeping of both their comms. Luke woke up and looked out the window, noticing that the Executor had exited hyperspace, which meant they arrived at their location. "Leia, wake up." Luke said to Leia. She woke up as if she had a hangover, even though she didn't. Luke called his glove over with the force, the one with the communicator on it and pressed the button. "Skywalker here" he said into the speaker. "We've arrived at the coordinates son. Get your sister and come up to the bridge" Anakin said back to his son. "Alright father. We'll be right there" Luke said to him, turning off his communicator. Both got out of bed and ran into the shower real quick, as they didn't want their parents to know what they were doing during the 4 hour journey to the Death Star.

                             Once both were dressed, they made their way to the bridge, where Padme and Anakin were already. Luke took his place beside Padme, while Leia took hers next to Anakin and what they saw was the fully constructed new weapon of their empire, the Death Star. Though the Executor was indeed a massive warship, the Death Star dwarfed it by comparison. This massive weapon was 160 kilometers in width and likely height as well. The firepower of at least one Executor-Class warship was but a trifle of what the Death Star had in defensive capabilities. It was no wonder why Anakin wanted to live on the massive station. "By the force" Leia said in disbelief at the creation of such a weapon. "You can say that again," Luke said in agreement with his sister. Anakin was indeed pleased at the sight of the completed Death Star, however, he turned to the captain. "Have the shuttle ready for my departure captain" Anakin said to the commander. "Yes my lord," the captain said to him, contacting the hangar.

                             Following this, Anakin, Luke, Padme and Leia left the bridge and headed for the hangar, where their servants had loaded the bags back into the shuttle they came aboard and readied for departure. They arrived in the hangar and boarded the shuttle, which rather than have somebody else fly them, Anakin chose to fly it himself. He was one of the greatest pilots in the galaxy and he wished to maintain that reputation, even among members of his own empire. The ship lifted into the air, then flew out of the hangar and once they had enough distance, Anakin deployed the folded up wings and turned 90 degrees to starboard. Several V-Wing fighters escorted his ship to the hangar of the Death Star. As the shuttle got closer and closer, the station proceeded to get bigger and bigger, which mesmerized both Luke and Leia, as well as Padme, however Anakin had to keep himself focused on landing the shuttle. Once the shuttle was close enough, Anakin folded the wings of the ship back up, as to avoid damage to the vessel. The ship arrived within the hangar, in the presence of well over a thousand troops and officers. Members of the Sith, fresh from the academy were there awaiting the arrival of the Imperial Family. As the family stood up and walked to the back of the shuttle, the handmaidens and servants along with them had to wait until the family left the hangar bay.

                               The ramp came down and Anakin walked down it first, followed by Empress Padme and then their children. Once the Emperor revealed himself to the troops, everyone stood at attention in respect. Anakin and Padme walked alongside each other, hand in hand and the same went for Leia and Luke behind them. Before continuing, Grand Moff Thrawn had greeted them at the shuttle, kneeling down in respect to the Imperial Family. Anakin's hand lifted a bit and signaled him to rise and walked alongside his leader. "Lord Vader, I am honored to have you aboard" Thrawn said to the Sith Lord. "Great to be here Thrawn. How are checks coming on the systems?" Anakin demanded to know. "They are almost complete my lord" he replied, to which Anakin replied with, "Good". "Also we've prepared your personal quarters for you and the Empress my lord" Thrawn added, to which Anakin replied, "Excellent. Have our servants bring our luggage to our quarters then". "I'll see to it personally my lord. And what of the prince and princess?" Thrawn inquired. "They will not be permanent residents, at their own request. They however will have quarters for them reserved" Anakin replied.