Chapter 6

Leia awoke the next morning, after a restful sleep and got up to prepare for the day ahead. Rather than wear her regular clothes, Leia donned a black dress, sleek and lovely in nature. The dress came with a black veil over her face, which still made her face visible and finally was a long black cape with gold trimming. Padme aided her in dressing for her wedding and she herself was disguised as a handmaiden. "Leia... " Padme said to her, only to be interrupted at the sight of her only daughter in her wedding dress. ".... You will make a lovely bride" she said, finishing her sentence which was interrupted. With that, Leia and Padme left her quarters and headed for the shuttle, departing for the citadel.

                             As for Luke, he was already up, preparing to meet his future wife at the front steps of the citadel for all to see. Millions of people were already lined up to witness the union of the prince and princess, multimedia coverage on all holo-channels and the droid mock-up filling in for Skywalker was ready. The droid would be wearing a hood over its head, to ensure nobody recognized it as a machine and would follow the basic controls Anakin allowed, which would be performed through and it was outfitted with a holographic device, enabling it to resemble the emperor, should anyone notice. It was outfitted for the face only, so if it was destroyed, the body would reveal the truth. Luke accompanied the droid to their altar in front of the citadel, awaiting the arrival of Leia and her handmaidens. Anakin watched closely as the Lambda shuttle carrying both his wife and daughter arrived on scene and walked to the altar. Both the intended, held each other's hand and their lightsabers in the other. "The force, what gives us power, wisdom and knowledge. The force works in mysterious ways for each and every one of us, regardless of our beliefs. It is the same force that brings us here today. As it binds us all, it will bind these 2 forever." Anakin said through the droid.

                           "The intended wish to sight their own vows" Anakin said and allowing them to speak. Luke lifted his hand, holding his lightsaber and ignited it in a horizontal manner, as if an invisible blade was clashing with it. "I Luke Skywalker, Prince of the Galactic Empire and hero of the Sith, claim you, Princess Leia Skywalker to be my loving wife and Equal. I vow to be your sword and shield and to never betray you as long as I live. Should I break these vows, I will submit myself to your mercy." Luke said to Leia. Leia smiled and lifted her lightsaber up in the opposite horizontal manner to Luke's. She ignited it and gently clashed it with his blade and began sighting her own vows. "I, Leia Skywalker, Princess of the Galactic Empire and heroine of the sith, claim you, Prince Luke Skywalker to be my loving husband and Equal. I vow to be your sword and shield and never betray you as long as I live. Should I break these vows, I will submit myself to your mercy.". With their vows said to one another and their lightsabers crossed in union of their marriage, it was the droid who said with Anakin's voice, "Then by the power vested in me by the glory of the Galactic Empire and all of the systems in the galaxy, I now pronounce you husband and wife.....". Despite having finished these words, the droid fell to the ground, having fallen prey to a blaster bolt. Luke traced the trajectory of the bolt, which came from the top of a nearby building.

                          "Protect the Emperor!" Luke said to his men, as they surrounded both him, the droid and Leia. Blaster fire could be heard and many of the witnesses scattered to avoid gunfire. Luke and Leia ignited their lightsabers and rushed into battle, despite not being dressed for the occasion. They noticed Ahsoka Tano was leading a group of rebel troops, however she wasn't the only one wielding a lightsaber. Several others, mostly male, were wielding mostly blue sabers, but one was green. Apparently the Jedi purge wasn't as successful as Palpatine hoped. Despite this however, Luke and Leia were ready for them, as were the several dozen sith at their backs. Their crimson lightsabers ignited with the sound of water extinguishing a fire. Luke ordered the Sith acolytes to go after the force sensitives and capture them alive. The acolytes leapt from their position to the building the rebels were occupying and engaged them. Some of the acolytes were killed, while others managed to take out some rebels. Several acolytes began dealing with the Jedi, their sabers clashing with the Jedi's. Luke and Leia were targeting the one that got away, Ahsoka herself.