Shouta Aizawa x Reader {part 1}

The warm light of the new cafe is inviting after a long night's patrol, but after checking his watch, odd considering the time. Internet cafes are open twenty-four hours, it's not too irregular. Aizawa notes, shoving his hands back into his pockets and steadily walking towards the cafe. A cafe can be open at 3:37 am. It's not too strange either, as Aizawa knows how frequently small shops and businesses change and move and die along the small alleys and streets he patrols at night. He pulls down his goggles as he nears the door, glancing around for a sign that depicts working hours but finds none but the neon open sign and a small, etched logo of the cafe's name on the door.

Sticky Fingers.

Aizawa pushes open the door and is hit with the smells of coffee, clementine, and burnt sugar. The cafe has warm, low lighting, with a comfortable atmosphere and is spacious compared to the exterior. A couple patrons dot the space, lazing on chairs and beanbags assembled in a library esque fashion. A blonde, lanky man is returning a book to a bookshelf. There is a food display filled with a variety of baked goods next to the marble and wood counter. Behind the counter, there are multiple ovens, various kitchenware, barista equipment, and a door to another room. You are wiping down the counter and you glance up and warmly smile. "Ah, welcome! Please, take your time."

Aizawa nods and scans the chalkboard menu. The cafe is more so a bakery after looking through it and everything looks quite good.

"Could I have a latte and a cranberry donut to go?"

Your smile reaches your eyes and you drape the cloth you were wiping the counter down with on your shoulder and write the order down. "Who should I write it for?"

"Eraserhead."

You appear unphased and Aizawa appreciates that. He pays and tips and sits off to the side of the counter, somewhat relaxed. Time passes, he's not sure how much but he hears the tap and ring of a bell as his order number and hero name is called out. You are wearing a flour smeared apron that has frankly, too many pockets with a nametag with no name written on it and you pass his order to him over the counter.

"Thank you! Stay safe out there!"

Aizawa stiffy nods and sips his drink, gently placing his wrapped donut in his pocket as he walks out the door. "Thank you, have a nice day."

When Aizawa finishes his food, he realizes that he would have to come back. Logically, if the food is that good, shouldn't he?

Aizawa's next visit was at 1 am with a bloodied face after his night patrol. It was a month and a half after his first visit and he was somewhat surprised that your business stuck around in this area for long, considering the unpleasant history and shady presence of Trigger dealers that scared away previous investors. Aizawa stood a little aways outside of Sticky Fingers after leaving the alleyway beside it, dabbing at his cuts on his face and smashed nose. His patrol had ended but not before having to stop a scuffle that got a bit too rowdy. He must have been not as discreet as he thought as a pink-skinned teenager wearing an apron opens the door to your cafe from the inside and says, "My boss wants you inside."

Logically, Aizawa follows them inside, past the few customers to the back room, where you stood, carrying latex gloves and a first aid kit and moves to face Aizawa. You are frowning, eyeing his wounds and you wave away your employee. "Mina, be a dear and make something warm for us."

You finally meet Aizawa's gaze and you are staring him done with an unreadable expression, and then gestures to the chair beside you. "Sit down. Do I need to help or can you do it?"

Your words are firm and Aizawa's throat is tight. "I can, thank you."
He sits and takes the gloves and patches his face with the medical tape and gauze and antibiotics you offer him to the best of his ability. Aizawa looks over his work in the small circular mirror your employee pulled out. It will do for now.

"That's better! I don't want to see the neighborhood watch hero bleed out, especially outside my establishment. The next time you need to fix yourself up, feel free to stop here." Your eyes are hardened and your smile doesn't quite reach your eyes but Aizawa nods and he trusts you. You visibly relax and your forced smile softens and your hands take the first aid kit back and you tuck it off somewhere, out of sight, and returns with a bag of frozen blueberries, which you hand to Aizawa. Aizawa gently places the cool bag against his face. The pink-skinned teenager returns from the front carrying two mugs. You take them, passing one to Aizawa before using your free hand to ruffle your employee's curling hair. "Mina, I'm sorry I kept you over your shift! Please feel free to grab a little bit more on the way out, okay?"

The girl nods and bows quickly to you, chirping a quick "thank you boss!" before hanging her apron and going. You smile faintly and sigh, glancing over to Aizawa before sipping at your mug. "It's horchata. I'm afraid I can't stay back here for much longer, but feel free to stay here if you need to."

"Thank you, I appreciate this." Aizawa's voice is rough and quiet and he frowns at the sound of it but you don't seem to notice and leave the backroom for manning the counter. He sips the drink and it's warm and tastes of cinnamon and rice. The backroom is lit coolly, a stark contrast from the main area of your storefront, and baking goods and bags of flour and sugar are arranged in a neat matter under a kitchen island with a semi-floured surface. Along the brick walls are a double-wide refrigerator, a freezer, an oven with multiple pots on it, a large sink next to a dishwashing tray and industrial dishwasher, and proofing racks adorned with covered trays. Aizawa finishes his drink and rinses the mug in the sink, placing it in the industrial dishwasher and then returning the frozen blueberries to the freezer. Aizawa sighs and pats his face, around the bandages and nose before leaving the backroom.

The customers that were previously there are gone and the cafe is empty. The neon open sign is off. You are at the counter, your apron off, staring outside and Aizawa clears his throat and you turn to face him and say, "Oh hey! You're feeling better?"

"Yeah, thank you for everything." Aizawa's hand goes to his neck, carding through his hair. Your eyes are too sharp for a baker but they are kind looking and Aizawa likes that in a man. "I don't have my wallet with me today but I'll be back to repay you." You quietly laugh and smile like Aizawa just told you a secret and wave your hand at his statement. "Listen, a hero bleeding out is bad for business, particularly if you're the watch for this area. It's on me, just keep doing whatever you've been doing."

Aizawa laughs dryly and shakes his head, walking around the counter to head to the door and outside the cafe. "I'll be back."

"You better! And far less damaged too." 

~PART TWO COMING SOON~

a/n: well after other chapters :)