Aizawa x reader {part 2}

A/n: part 1 was called "horchata"

                                                                                         Crust

"Mina, make sure you stir the apple compote, please. Your break is in fifteen, I believe when the proofing timer beeps."

"Okay boss!"

You are making crust and it has been a very busy Sunday. Your bakery had a boon somehow over the week, either due to Midnight the pro hero (Midnight! The pro hero!) stopping by and Instagramming her lapis legit slice or Present Mic's visit to get sourdough bread and then talking about it on air.

Present Mic found my cafe?

"Boss, has it beeped yet?"

You check your wrist on habit and swore and turned to the timer. I don't have a watch anymore and it was never set. "Sweetheart, you can go now. See you in 30, okay?"

"Alright, thank you!"

You hurry to the backroom and pull out the proofing sheet and it's fine, not overdone at all. "I still have it." You quietly say, mainly to yourself and there's an unease rolling in your stomach knowing that after everything, you still can keep track like that. You groan and place the tray on the island workspace before walking to the sink and splashing water on your face before patting your arms dry, lost in thought. It must have took longer than you wanted as a loud "Boss, I'm back!" snaps you back to the present. Your mouth is dry and you swallow and you say, "I'm in the backroom."

"Boss, are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost." Mina is frowning and gently pats your back. "Go sit down at the front! I got the tray."

"Alright, Mina." You walk to the counter and you sit down, turning to face Mina. It's surprisingly clear for 4:39 pm. Mina follows you with the tray and turns the heat on the fryer next to the stovetop. "So, have you done your exams yet for UA?"
Mina smiles nervously and shakes her head. "No, but they're coming up soon."

"They're a lot later than back then." You say this mostly to yourself but Mina turns and fixes a questioning look on you.

"You went to UA?"

"Ah, Mina, the oil. It's probably too hot now."

"Oh oka- now you're distracting me!" Mina giggles and turns around to face the fryer, lowering the heat down a little. "It's okay though. You don't have to tell me. Could you help me with studying for the practical exam, like the heroes part?"

"Sure hon. Can you tell me about neighborhood watch heroes?"

"Uhmm... Oh! Those are the heroes that have a scheduled area to patrol, unlike heroes like All Might and Endeavor that have more flexible but irregular places scheduled to patrol. I don't remember what the term is for them, though." Mina pauses to drop a few blobs of dough into the fryer. "Ingenium is a neighborhood watch hero!"

"Yeah, good job. All Might and Endeavor would be called variance heroes. Do you want to go over hero classes and statuses?"

"Well, the main four classes are rescue, strike, recon, and flex!" Mina turns the frying dough carefully. "And for statuses, there's public, private, underground, and retired. Public heroes would be like... Endeavor and Ingenium! They serve the public and work in hero agencies and can be called in for emergencies at any time. Private heroes are hired, like bodyguards!" Mina scoops the cooked doughnuts into a drying rack laden with paper towels. "Underground heroes are a sister class to public heroes, but they never have a public debut, have limited released info, and records for them are usually private. And retired heroes are heroes that retire from the business, but can still be called in under special circumstances."