Chapter 14: Lee Taehyung

She wasn't nervous, but Haru sure was curious to how Lee Taehyung in real life would be. He had been a really fun conversation partner, and had been very helpful in giving her new insights on her script. It wasn't long before they decided the conversation should be done through coffee.

Which led them to another common trait. Like Haru, the man knew his coffee. From the beans, the roasts, the shops, the kinds and scents, he knew it all. He told her about his love for the bitterness of pure coffee and loved to experience the different settings each cup could allow them to feel in every brew.

Haru sat in the coffee shop, a small cup already on the tip of her fingers. They decided to sit down and talk for the first time in one of the newer shops in town, and Haru had not had the chance to visit this one yet, as Lee Taehyung as well. Haru deemed that the espresso was nice and relaxing after she took a sip. The fragrance was strong and it wasn't lost in the taste. The coffee didn't shock her awake, but there was a sense of active serenity as she sipped it. But due to its minimal volume, she'd have to reorder sonething else later, to accompany Lee Taehyung in his coffee endeavours. Haru put her cup down once she had savored its contents and picked up her phone that just poped a notification on her screen.

"Just got down the bus, on my way there."

Haru called a waitress and ordered a cup of water for her, and another espresso for Lee Taehyung, as he mentioned before that he wanted to try it out. The server took her order in and retracted in her small empty cup back behind the counter.

"I'm on the seat right of the door. Blue shirt, white jeans."

Haru placed her chin on her hand, drumming her fingers on her cheek as she patiently waited for both her companion of the day and her drink. It wasn't long before someone tapped her shoulders.

"Haru-ssi?"

Recognising the voice, but not quite having a name for it, Haru turned to find herself surprised that she recognise his face as well.

"Lee Taehyung?"

He smiled, a dimple on his right cheek obvious even from the slightest curve of lip. His cheekbones were high up, his eyes smiled as he grinned as well the dark orbs very prettt, and he was taller than she imagined he would be.

The bomber he wore was more of a dead give away than his dimple as a faint recollection of a stranger recommending her a book passed her mind. It was the exact same blue bomber, and it was a pretty eye-catching jacket to not remember and recall. The realisation sunk in and Haru exclaimed, "You're that book guy!"

Sure enough it was that exact same man who introduced her to a series of very exciting but very light hearted romance novel - and the series that comes with it. A good taste.

"Book guy?" He looked at her confused, wondering as well why she looked familiar before he, too, recalled the same event and was surprised.

"Oh, that novel!" he exclaimed. "Man, that's such a coincidence."

She had imagined Lee Taehyung to be a normal looking director, taller than her by a few centimeters, glasses, short hair, messy thin eyebrows and polo shirts. This guy, on the other hand, was everything else. He was taller than she had thought, was hella cute (she noticed then, he had dimples on both cheeks), he took care of his eyebrows (and they're pretty full) and he owned long hair that he styled to the side of his head, leaving just enough space for his forehead to breathe.

"Right, that's such a coincidence," Haru smiled. "Ahn Haru," she reached out her hand, which he took and shook.

"Lee Taehyung, nice to finally meet you," he replied.

At that exact moment, the waitress came back with Haru's order, placing both on the table. Taehyung looked at her and the drinks laid as she explained. "I came and tried the espresso it was pretty nice and I thought you wouldn't mind, so I ordered one for you too when you were on the way."

He smiled again. "No, not at all. That's great, thanks."

Taehyung took his cup and tried the espresso he had been awfully adamamt on trying, and was satisfied when it reached his lips. "That's really nice, should've came here sooner," he said after the sip. "So how did you meet Minyoung-ssi?"

"She's a sunbae in my company," Haru said, drinking her own drink. "Became friends faster than being an employee," she laughed as she recalled how she first met Minyoung. The talkative senior who pestered her so much until she was numb to it. "Its been fun knowing her. How'd you know her?"

"I was a co-producer for one of her scripts," he replied casually. "She's too talkative on you not to be friends with," he laughed.

Minyoung certainly was very chattery and Haru couldn't agree more. "Which reminds me," Haru said. "How long have you been co-producing?"

"Its been a couple years, actually," he said shyly. "Been at it since graduation, and here, I'm looking forward to head produce my first movie."

"That's nice," Haru nodded, drinking her drink again. "Same for me. Same job since graduation. Lucky that I actually could do something that relates to my passion as soon as I graduate, you know?"

"Definitely," he agreed. "Its a blessing. But nevermind that - your script! I have to talk about it!"

This time Haru was the one on the sheepish side. They continued to discuss her script, how it should be done, how the narrative could go, other additional scenes that might fit in, and it was pretty much creative thinking all along with Lee Taehyung, and Haru couldn't think of just how productive their meeting had gone. Time was moving fast for them as they stuck themselves on their chairs for ages, conversing like old friends.

They had matched well in perspectives on work, their standards to a 'welldone' achievement very similar, and she felt well connected as they talked about work and creating. Its been a while since she found a friend as connected as she was to Minyoung, with similar artistic preferences and taste. Despite the awkward first few texts and the reason Minyoing tried to set them up, Haru was thankful she did introduce her to a new friend.

"How'd you like the book I recommended the other day?" he had asked. Haru replied him excitedly, claiming that it was fun, romantic, and nicely written, a great past time in general, and she couldn't wait to get her hands on the second book.

It led to so many different things through the conversation, to the point that they had ordered another round of coffee, both addicts unable to deny the alluring scent as they chatted in the café.

Haru was smiling as she walked back home. She thought she was gonna keep this Lee Taehyung guy. He'd be an awesome friend.

She would even introduce him to Baekhyun when the conditions are better.

---