Chapter 6: Shall We?

As all his external schedules were over, Baekhyun was just doing the routine of practicing for the new album and going back home. Autumn chills started to creep into the weather, and everyone was wearing more than they did a month ago.

The house was starting to get colder as well, though when Baekhyun was there, Haru could ignore it. But when Haru was alone, the odd feeling of isolation felt more evident than it did in the summer.

Baekhyun had suggested her come with him through practice, saying she wouldn't be a bother when Haru reasoned she shouldn't and that she needed more views than just her room walls and laptop screen. Haru reluctantly agreed later on, knowing that he was right. She was going to go insane if she spent another week stuck in the room with nothing good coming out of her head to write. The change of atmosphere could really boost her creativity. But before she agreed, she set ground rules that Baekhyun will finish his practice without any distractions, to which he replied, "Who do you think I am? I'm a professional EXO member." He dialled his manager right after, telling him Haru was coming with. Haru was a bit anxious to be rejected by the manager, but oddly enough, the manager was happy to oblige.

The next morning after the decision was made, Baekhyun woke up without alarms or Haru shaking him awake. He woke up earlier than his girlfriend (which was a first if he wasn't pushed around in a tight schedule) and made breakfast before waking Haru up like a kid ready to go to the amusement park.

"How are they like, your members?" Haru had asked as they munched on breakfast: a bowl of rice each with scrambled eggs, albeit a little burnt, a side of kimchi and chicken nuggets (because bless Baekhyun and his cooking skills if he tried anything else).

"You've met Jongdae, Minseok-hyung, and Chanyeol. The rest are pretty much similar," he said, thinking. "Junmyeon-hyung will want to preach you on something sometime, so beware. Kyungsoo will always stay kind to anyone he knows or not know, its just that he stares sometimes. Its just his eyes condition thing," Baekhyun took a piece of chicken nugget to his bowl. "Jongin and Sehun are playful, and they'll be a bit nosy, I guess, though Sehun will be kind of ignorant and stuff. You'll be fine, don't worry."

"Are you sure I won't bother you guys? I mean I can just stay home and-"

"Babe," he cut her off. "You'll be fine. In fact, I think you'll push us further into practice. We do better when people are watching. I know I will do better."

Baekhyun stared at her intently, showing her he meant every word. Haru let out the breath she was holding as she let his words sink in. She finally looked at him with a small smile, "Alright."

"Then the last nugget's mine!"

Haru watched as Baekhyun snatched the last piece of fry to his bowl, grinning like a toddler. Haru frowned. They had always been the couple who loved fried foods more than anything - and Baekhyun knew chicken nuggets were her utmost favorite. "Cheat!" Haru cried. "Not fair."

"I cook, I get," Baekhyun winked at her playfully, munching the last nugget delightedly. "Fair to me."

Done with eating, Haru moved to the sink to do the small dishes they'd left after breakfast. It was still half an hour before the manager said he was going to pick them up, so Haru decided to clear the dishes to kill time. Baekhyun had gone back upstairs to get his bag and jacket, and Haru had asked him to bring hers with him as well, which he happily obliged to.

Haru didn't know at what point he had come back downstairs, but his arms were suddenly encircling her from behind, and she felt him plop down his head on her shoulder like it was made for him to be in. "I love you," he mumbled lazily. He watched as the dishes were being cleaned and stuck himself like glue to his girlfriend.

It was sudden and very random, but Haru loved these moments that he'd make for her. Everytime Baekhyun would express his feelings so blatantly, it always felt like the first time he confessed. Haru felt her cheeks redden at his touch, but continued to dry the bowls and chopsticks off. She learnt to not reach up and hide herself when she blushed, and Baekhyun had been the most comfortable person she could show each and every emotion she had so freely and openly. She let her boyfriend hang on her shoulder as she worked and when she was done, she turned to face him. Her hands found themselves on his chest as she turned. At this point, Baekhyun usually loved to spout cheeky things, but those she loved. But this tome, he was looking right at her in silence, and his next words surprised her.

"I'm sorry."

The words were not what Haru expected him to say. His eyes were serious, the mischievous glint from earlier gone. Haru wondered why he looked so in pain, retracting from memory what he could've done wrong to make him feel so guilty, but he couldn't have been that sorry for taking her chicken nuggets.

"For taking the nuggets?" Haru asked, unsure if it came out as a joke or for real. Baekhyun shook his head, as he let out a small weak smile for a second.

"No," he said, his forehead resting against hers as he closed his eyes, a wave of regret flashing before he did. "For not being with you so often."

His words poked at her heart, and Haru felt like it was bleeding. Seeing him so apologetic made her feel various waves of emotions. She was relieved - that she wasn't the only one who longed to spend time with him, and she was heartbroken - because he seemed to be full of guilt and regret.

"Baekhyun," Haru placed her hands on either sides of his cheeks, lifting his face up. When his eyes met hers, she said, "I'm fine. I know its your job, passion, and fans, and I'm okay with it. I really am."

Baekhyun's hands reached out to cup hers as well, resting near her neck and chin as he stared into her, guilt stil washing over him even if she said she was fine.

"You moved here - to see more of me - but you don't really," he mumbled. "I'm so sorry."

Haru pulled him closer, her chin rested on his shoulder as he engulfed her and snuzzled against neck.

"I'm alright, love," she said, combing through his hair. "I'm happy if you're happy."

---