Chapter 7: Meeting Them

The practice room was wider than Haru had initially thought. It was more spacious than what was shown on Youtube or TV. The SM building was also fancier than she'd imagined. Baekhyun's security guards alone were twice his size and triple his number. As they were dropped off through the back door - where access was only for employees and artists alike - Baekhyun had held her to walk in front of him, his body shielding  her from who knows what. It might have been just a paranoia thing, because Haru wondered if security was ever a problem when she saw all the cameras, access cards, guards and everything else.

It certainly shocked her, she imagined this much security would have gone to presidents or nobles - not her boyfriend.

When they arrived, the first member seen was Chen, who greeted her cheerfully. "Haru-ssi, long time no see!" he said.

Haru waved a hello, smiling in return. She had met Chen before, during promotions period of EXO-CBX and Baekhyun invited her to the backstage of Inkigayo to see him before he went up. She was coincidentally in the building (for different reasons) and he had called her immediately when he found out where she was.

Baekhyun reached out his fist to earn Chen's as they greeted each other silently. Just as they had settled down in the practice room, the third and fourth members marched inside in a lazy morning vibe. "Why are you early, Baek?" Haru recognized this person as their leader, Suho, who Baekhyun referred to as Junmyeon. Baekhyun from her side, replied back, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Behind Suho, Chanyeol stepped in the room and spotted her immediately. "Oh, it's Haru-ssi!"

Suho who almost missed her, turned to look at where Chanyeol was looking at, recognizing her. "Ah, so that's why," he said out loud.

"Hello," Haru greeted politely. "Nice to see you again, Chanyeol-ssi."

"Ey, stop that, we've seen each other several times. I think its fitting to drop the honorofics, right, Baek?" Chanyeol said, looking wide awake. Baekhyun shrugged to look at Haru instead, "They're my brothers, so feel free to call them whatever you want," he said. "But please don't talk to them too often, you might be dragged into all the madness."

"Overprotective, now, are we?" this time Suho was talking again. He reached out to introduce himself to Haru. "I'm the leader, but you'd probably know that. My name's Kim Junmyeon."

Haru took the hand he extended, smiling. "Ahn Haru. I'm the same age as Baekhyun, so it's fine if you speak informally, Junmyeon-ssi."

"Ah," Suho exclaimed. "Then call me Oppa."

Haru didn't get a chance to answer when Baekhyun cut in. "You just met! No!"

"You said she can call us whatever she wants!"

Baekhyun pulled her to him, pretended to be shielding her from monsters as he cried, "No!"

The childishness of her boyfriend brought laughter to Haru as she enjoyed his members' newfound company. One by one, they started to warm up to her, and when more members came for practice, she understood why Baekhyun always called his group a chaotic mess.

They were in sync in performing - yes. Haru could see the amount of effort, dedication and skill through each and every detail of their movements, but as soon as the music stopped, they could be rolling on the floor for nobody knows why. They laugh at every joke Baekhyun cracked, and Haru grinned everytime Baekhyun's position was facing her and he winked.

Fun and games aside, the boys didn't stop once with their practice. They continued from morning till noon, and they were sweating like rainfall. Haru could feel the amount of dedication they have invested into their work, their careers, and it brought her a sense of pride as she thought of her boyfriend in the group.

"Noona, how was that?" Kai was demonstrating a dance trick, and Haru gave him a thumbs up right after. From the corner of her eyes, she could see Baekhyun mumbling to himself. From his lips she read something like, "Noona? Since when is she a noona on the first day they met?"

When the choreographer finally called for a break, Baekhyun collapsed on her lap without warning, snuggling close to her. Lunch was being delivered over as they were resting, but Baekhyun refused to move until it came.

"Hey," Haru whispered, pinching his cheek. "You know, you're sweaty, sticky and icky."

"So?" Baekhyun didn't move away. Instead, he snuggled even closer to his girlfriend, clinginess on the top of his day today. "You're my girlfriend."

"Yes, yes, we established that long ago, Byun Baekhyun-ssi," Haru said, her fingers still on his cheek.

"Baekhyun, Haru, lunch is here!"

Baekhyun was quick to retort, "Having a moment, here!"

Xiumin gave him an eye roll. Haru pulled on his cheek harder this time, though she did it as she giggled. "Come on, Byunbaek, let's eat."

It was a nice change indeed from her room walls as scenery. And while she didn't exactly do anything productive that day, being in the same room as Baekhyun and getting to see his daily life was nice. Haru thought she'd love to spend more moments like these with him, even if it were in the confines of his members, staffs, and the tight security of SM building.

Baekhyun stood up and reached for her hand to help her up as well, grinning ear to ear as he joined his members, his girl by his side.

Haru cherished it.

---