nine : friends

Anastasia's head pounded as she woke up

Anastasia's head pounded as she woke up. Bright light streamed through an open window that she didn't recognize.

Where was she?

Anastasia could barely focus on her surroundings with the panic surrounding her. Why couldn't she remember anything?

Memories of the last night flooded in like water behind a flood gate. She had gotten drunk, with Wanda. Her father carried her back to her room, and then she told him how much she liked being with him.

Anastasia had confessed things aloud to her father that she hadn't entirely admitted to herself, yet. The words were out there, and she knew that she couldn't take them back, it was the truth after all. She really did enjoy living with him in his apartment. There was someone there for her, to wake her up from the nightmares, to ask if she's eaten.

Once the embarrassment, from what she had said, faded, she focused her energy towards sitting up and figuring out where she was.

She was in a bed that was incredibly soft, something she hated to be uncomfortable in, a puffy white comforter and silky white sheets layer on top of her.

The set up was similar to Wanda's bedroom, which let her to believe she hadn't left the Avenger's tower. The unease remained at the thought that it may not be, that she was unaware where she was, and who was in the surrounding areas.

Before she could stumble out of the bed, the door opened. Anastasia was already incredibly cautious and prepared to engage in her new surroundings.

Bucky entered the room, head bowed and his steps hesitant. Upon seeing that Anastasia was awake, he smiled at her and entered the room before stopping several steps before the foot of the bed. "Morning."

Anastasia smiled back before grimacing at the pounding in her head.

Bucky seemed to notice this and chuckle at the girl, "how's your head?"

Anastasia huffed in amusement before complaining, "it hurts."

Nodding, her father replied, "getting as drunk as you were typically does a lot more than hurt."

Smirking, Anastasia shrugged, "I've done worse. Where am I"

Bucky quirked his head at her, "I'm not sure if I should be surprised." It grew silent and the tension that neither were strangers with enveloped the room once more, the carefree energy over shadowed by the reality of what she had said the night previous. "Do you mind if I sit down?"

He was gesturing towards the edge of the bed, Anastasia was sitting, centered, upright with her back against the back of the headboard. "Yeah, go ahead."

Bucky sat down and looking at Anastasia he began, "This is your room. The floor Tony gave to Steve, Sam, and me had a spare room. It's yours," he nodded. "So last night you weren't really, how do I say this, yourself."