twenty six : school days

~

~

The following weekend was spent preparing for Ana's first official day of school.

While she knew she didn't need a big backpack full of everything, she still made sure to use one of her dad's old bags and put a single notebook and paper folder in it.

Peter was surprised upon Anastasia's confession of wanting to go to school with him. On one of their becoming routine and beloved nightly calls, she had blurted it out once she couldn't hold back anymore.

He had been on a rant about a really cute kitten he saw on patrol earlier, and she hated to interrupt him, but she just had to tell him.

"Pete?" She asked timidly.

The boy stopped talking about the small and fluffy tabby kitten once she spoke, "yeah, An?"

"I want to go to school."

"Uh, alright?" He was clearly confused and unsure why she was blurting it out at that moment.

"Tony said that he could get me a shadow somewhere to help see what I want to do with my life and all that since I don't want to be an Avenger."

"Yeah, that's really cool of Mister Stark, what school are you going to? I have to warn you, though, Preble sucks so you shouldn't go there, but I've heard that Seymour is nice."

"Actually," she started, her voice airy in nervousness, "I was wondering if you'd let me shadow you, at Midtown. It'd just be for a day or two and I totally understand if you don't want me to I know some kids give you a hard time about your internship and don't believe that you have a girlfriend but-"

"You know, usually it's you interrupting me while I ramble about stupid things."

Ana chuckled softly, "yeah, it usually is. And for the record I don't think anything you care enough about to ramble about is stupid. I think it's actually pretty cute."

Peter's breath audibly hitched in pretty much the cutest way possible, "oh, uh," he nervously laughed, "thanks, babe. Yes."

"Yes?"

"Yeah, I'd love to show you around school for the day. Maybe if you like it you can go with me next year and we can graduate together."

"I'd love that."

With Peter on board with the plan, all they really had to do was schedule and get Ana ready for school.

Bucky and Tony mainly organized everything. She'd go to Midtown Tech It was odd seeing them work together. Even though Tony had forgiven the man about what happened with his parents and understands that it wasn't really Bucky that did it, there was still a thin layer or residing tension between them.

Tony had helped her out and gave her a school placement test to see what level she's actually at, and supposedly tested well. It was a bit surprising, sure she had lessons in Hydra about basic knowledge, languages, and other assassin must-knows, but she never flat out learned physics or algebra like the test insinuated.