twelve : night skies

Since Bucky had been so busy the past week or so bonding with Ana, and after the two's kitchen confessions the day previous, he realized that he hadn't had a chance to go through the files that he gathers along side Steve and Sam.

Since Wanda had become accustomed to having a second teen in the tower who had a very open schedule, he finally agreed with Wanda's pleas to familiarize Anastasia with Netflix original movies.

Sam and Bucky carried their mugs of coffee into the conference room with the brown box opened and several files scattered across the table, but majority of the manila folders remained closed in the boxes.

"Alright, where do we want to start?" Steve stood and the end of the table and asked his team mates for input, "I was thinking we each take a file, read through it, determine whether or not there are any clues regarding who would have used the Nightingale alias as a cover to kill Smirnov."

Sam nodded in agreement before replying, "sounds good. Where do we want to put the files that do and don't matter?"

Bucky shrugged, "make your own pile and then we can combine them once we've figured this out." His voice trailed off as he looked at the first file in the box.

Once he opened the folder with the files, he regretted not knowing about his daughter sooner.

One of the first pages of her general file was the relations. There was a section for him and his hundreds of files, all with subsections and index filing numbers. The part he was interested in, however, was her mother.

A photo of a young woman, Bucky guessed around twenty two, was clipped in the top corner, along with general information.

Eden Taylor, born May 17, 1979 with James Barnes her partner, and Nightingale her offspring.

Although Bucky had remembered the vast majority of the his time with Hydra, he never could remember any time spent with Eden, and especially no instances that would result in the creation of a child. Still, when he looked further on the file and read the words "Status: Deceased" and "Cause of Death: Child birth", he couldn't help but morn the woman. She was only 24 when she died.

He couldn't stop himself from reading further into her file of which included reported a detailed story of how several agent took the woman from her home in London only months before the date Anastasia would have been conceived.

The purpose, however, was what shocked the man about her the most. She was taken with intent to produce a child. An heir to the sinister throne of Hydra's most reliable weapon and assassin.

Bucky set the file away to the side, as to prevent him from an unreasonable anger towards the people that ruined so many innocent lives. As he shifted through the miscellaneous papers already scattered on top of the table, he found a file with the word, "Nightingale" followed by several numbers, written boldly on the tab.