twenty nine : realizations

~

~

Bucky tilted his head to look at Natasha's red hair splayed on his bare chest. A grin crept onto his face as the woman beside him stirred, her arm around his waist shifting.

"Morning," he spoke, his voice thick from sleep. The light creeping in from the curtains almost too much for their current state.

"Go back to sleep," she grumbled, pressing her face further into his skin and promptly falling back asleep.

He chuckled, careful not to move his chest too much as not to disturb her.

He'd do anything for her.

Looking at Natasha gave Bucky feelings he'd never experienced before, a warmth in his soul and the immediate urge to smile overtaking anything else that had happened so far that day.

Bucky loved her. But he didn't just love her. He loved everything that she did, to him she could do no wrong, even when she accidentally used salt in his mission success celebration cookies instead of sugar. They were still perfect because she made them. Because even though she wasn't perfect, neither was he, they were imperfect together.

And he wants to spend the rest of his life with her.

The realization dawned on him faster than anything ever had, he wanted to marry Natasha.

Of course they had talked about it in the market a month or so ago, and they had been together for what felt like forever, in love since before that. Marriage, though, was a big step. One he wasn't sure she was ready for. Maybe it was too early.

Life hadn't been kind to them, though. Any form of God other than her chocolate cake knew that, so why shouldn't they seize the moment, make the most of the time they had.

They worked difficult jobs, nothing seemed sure to Bucky besides his family, and he already considered Natasha that.

Why not make it official?

Bending his neck, he pressed his lips to the crown of her head.

Bucky smiled as he decided, he was going to propose to Natasha, but he was going to need help.

Wanda laughed as Isaac looked back to her with a dopey grin.

The monkey sitting on his shoulder screeched along with her.

The two had just met about three weeks ago, but they never stopped texting and hanging out and going on fun dates.

Their first fancy date had been a week ago, they went to Olive Garden and ate ungodly amounts of carbs in combinations of the breadsticks and the spaghetti.

It was cute. They talked about almost everything under the sun. Surface level things like their favorite song or tv show, but also things like their relationships with their families.