Chapter 4: Keeping you close but our enemies closer

Narrator's pov

"I knew it!!" Jaywant said as soon as he entered the room.

Kashish was deep in thought of their relationship and was disturbed by his ranting about the case.

"Do you know-"

"Just shut up!!" She cut him off right away with all her anger.

"Kashish, this is important! You don't know what a big lead this is for us-"

"For us...or for you?" Kashish had broken down now. "I can't do this anymore!!" She says almost tearing.

Jaywant grunted with shock. "You have to!! Kashish, you've promised."

"What about the promises you made? Do you think you're fulfilling that?"

"I had no choice-"

"That's always your excuse, Jaywant. Im tired of being second in your life. You promised that this won't affect our relationship and now its affecting our marriage."

Before she said anything worse she locked herself in the bathroom. She stood against the door and let out her tears. Kashish was very emotional now and he didn't know how to comfort her.

On the other side of the door, he was tempted to knock and explain. But he knew this was getting very serious and hurting her now. He sighed thinking about what he's doing for his past may ruin his future.

....Minutes later....

Kashish found Jaywant on the balcony and sat next to him. Her fears were standing in the way of everything now. But the questions in her mind had to be put forth.

Jay took her hand and kissed it. She sighed with a slight relief and sat next to him. "I'm sorry." He says stroking her hair. "I know that was wrong-"

"Baby....do you still love her?"

Jaywant was moved by the question. He began to feel as if Kashish is bothered by it. He's bothered by it himself. How can he answer such a question? Something that brings up every aspect of his past and he's still trying to get over in some way....

"We were very close." He said trying to get out the truth to her. "And....she did go too soon. I had no proper way of saying goodbye...damn, I'm guilty for it too. So in a way....I do and I always will."

Kashish wondered if she should've asked all these questions well before they took their relationship forward. "If I hadn't come into your life, how would things be?" She asks with a heavy heart, sitting on his lap now but facing the other way.

He turned her chin and looked into her sorrowful eyes. "To be honest...I guess I would've still been working at some other boring department. Focused on work 24/7." Jaywant says and noticed Kashish's change in behaviour. "But thank God you came into my life....."

"Why? Am I in your life just to shade off your loneliness?" That's the fear. The one she didn't want to be true.

"Kashi-"

"Jaywant, I'm more than that. I didn't even know about the both of you. I don't understand why you kept it from me and only revealed it when we actually started to date."

"I told you I didn't want to hurt you-"

"You know for a fact that I hate being second best!" Kashish woke up from his lap and went back in the room. She tried her best not to go crazy by thinking about all of it.

Jaywant's pov

Sometimes I forget how feminine she is because like wow, I have a badass chick. She's all about kicking ass, pushing criminals to see the worst of their days....and today I see her hurt....because of me. I don't know how to justify my emotions towards this whole situation now. But I know that I love Kashish...every part of me does.