| 02 | ALL NIGHT

.•° °•.
Hi, future author here. I know this is a short story, but that doesn't mean I didn't work hard on it. Please stop skimming through the whole thing without voting, it diminishes the effort I put into it. Your support is free you know! 💗

"Can't believe I'm doing this..." I groan.

The lights to my dim apartment switch on at the flick of my finger before I look at the child who silently stares beside me. My throat groans once more.

"You're only staying here until the rain clears up so don't think about touching anything. I'm going to turn on the heating. "

He watches me as I walk away with grumbles beneath my breath, eyes wandering the luxury interior like a robot.

I've got a damn kid in my house. And it's not even mine. Fuck.

If the company finds out, rumors will spread and I'll get in trouble with the media. If my parents find out, they'll just question who I got pregnant.

Maybe I should just drop him back at the store and leave him. I mean someone'll pick him up, right?"

After shutting the curtains to conceal the heavy rainfall, I motion to the sleek couch of my living room and slump into it with hands cupped stressfully over my eyes. "Fuck my life..."

But then I feel a presence and peek between my fingers to notice the kid standing right in front of me.

I slump back a blank stare. "What are you looking at?"

He does nothing but blink in response. I should probably ask for his mother's name. If he's lost, maybe a name could help me find her.

"Who's your mom? She got a name?"

When there's no reply, I clear my throat and flutter my eyelashes with a fake toothy smile, asking sweetly,

"Who's. Your. Mommy?"

God that was cringe. I better get an answer out of that.

Nope... Not a word.

"Jheeze kid! Don't you talk? Fart? Shit? Eat?!"

He looks down at the little candy-filled pouch still clutched in his hands, then looks at me and elongates his arms, holding it out to me.

"They're for you, that's why I bought them." I push them away.

The boy looks down, then looks back up at me.

"They'reeee, forrr, youuuuu-ah." I point more dramatically.

*Rumble...*

Damn. The rain doesn't sound like it's stopping anytime soon... I guess he'll have to stay for the night.

"Alright gumball boy, it's getting late." I stand up, "You can sleep in here but touch anything and I mean it, you're going back out in the rain, okay? Don't try me today."

∘₊✧   °  💧  °   ✧₊∘

After a steamy shower and change of clothing, I open my bathroom door to see the kid standing outside it patiently. My eyes roll before I pull him back into the living room and toss him a blanket.

"There. You're own little hotel until the morning. Have fun." I begin walking to my own bedroom. "And don't snore, it pisses me off."