| 04 | STILL WITH YOU

.•° °•.

How on Earth am I going to find this kid's mother? In a city the size of Seoul? I wouldn't even know where to start.

I peer down at Gumball as we walk back from the police station, his dainty wrist gripped by my hand to keep him from getting lost.

It's gonna be tough, but I'll find his mother. Somehow.

Gumball suddenly stops and stares at his side like a robot. I stop too and tug on his arm. "Aish, come on. I don't have all day."

He doesn't acknowledge me, but continues to stare at the window of the library we're walking past. He then approaches the window and squishes his face against the glass while staring at the display of children's books.

I stroll forward to see which one he's looking at...

The Little Lost Ducking — by Sue Barraclough.

"Forget it, I'm not wasting money on some 5-page toddler book that you probably don't even know how to read. Come on." I pull him from the display.

...Wait a minute.

All he ever does is follow me because he has nothing else to keep him occupied. If I buy it, maybe he'll leave me alone long enough to work on my new track.

"I changed my mind. You get 5 minutes to collect your dumb book and then we're out." I quickly make a U-turn.

∘₊✧ ° ☀️ ° ✧₊∘

Many eyes train on me as we search through the children's aisle of the library. One worker in particular pretends to shuffle some books whilst continuously glancing at me and it's damn annoying. This is why I can't stand public places.

"What are you looking at?" I disrupt the quiet setting.

She instantly blushes and scurries off. Once she moves, we're able to spot the yellow and baby blue padded book on a high shelf. I reach on my toes to grab it and pass it to Gumball.

"There, you've got your book. Happy now?"

Without smiling or taking his eyes off of me, he pins the book to his chest protectively with crossed arms. I think he's happy...?

My hand pushes the back of his head when leading him to the front desk, "Well your mind better be made up because I'm not coming back here. Let's rent it already."

We make it to the front desk where an older lady takes the book before cooing at Gumball.

"Hello there. Why, aren't you an adorable little man? I see where you get your handsome looks." She smiles at me. I just exhale and stick a hand in my pocket while she scans the book.

"Wait... I've seen your face before! You're Jungkook of EXO right? My daughter loves your music—"

"Yeah now you're pushing it. Thanks for the service." I snatch the book and pull Gumball out.