Chapter Fourteen - Treasure

After exiting the Falcon, Rey froze, staring awestruck at the beautiful view before her. The mountains stood tall, surrounding the entire valley, making Rey feel protected in some strange way. The smaller hills throughout the valley were covered in lush trees, full of green leaves, and the beautiful, shimmering lake, stretched as far as the eye could see, reflected the bright Caribbean blue sky. Along the lakeside was a peaceful shore with pale, powderfine sand, unlike the sand Rey had been accustomed to on Jakku. Waves crashed gently against the shore, creating a serene and gentle sound.

In the middle of the valley stood a gorgeous chateau, the size of a palace, that sat at the lake's edge. Rey marveled at the beauty and tranquility of the peaceful villa. It was surrounded by glittering waterfalls and tall, rounded, shaped trees that were greener than anything she'd ever seen. Ben came up behind Rey and wrapped his arms around her waist. He rested his chin on her shoulder. "Is it everything you dreamed of, love?" Rey turned her head a fraction and raised a hand to cup Ben's cheek. "And more." She said, placing a kiss upon his lips. She couldn't get enough of those lips and his kisses. Rey smiled to herself. He was so wonderfully welcoming how could she resist?

Ben lifted a hand to her chin and broke the kiss then turned her head a fraction so that she was facing the chateau. "That, my love, is Varykino. A palace owned by the Naberrie family. They used it as a summer home and now, it will be our new home." Rey stared in awe. "It was owned by my grandmother's family. This was one of her favorite places to be." Ben said. Rey smiled and looked up at him. "How do you know that?" Ben smiled and winked. "Because she told me so." Rey's eyes widened and she gasped slightly. Ben grinned. "Yes Rey. I saw them all. Luke, Leia, Han, and I even met my grandparents." Rey's eyes lit up. "I'm so happy for you, Ben."

Rey turned and wrapped her arms around Ben's neck. "I'm glad you got to see your family again. Especially your parents." Ben grinned. "Han misses you. He thought of you like his own daughter, you know?" Rey smiled and blushed. "He did?" She asked sheepishly. Ben smiled. "Why else do you think he came to Star Killer Bass to save you?" Rey shrugged. "It was the right thing to do. Besides, it was a chance to save his son." She smiled. "And he succeeded. I think that was the beginning of your redemption." Ben smiled sadly. "I suppose that is true, but you know my entire family loved you. I love you." Ben leaned down and kissed her nose then pulled her into his arms. "So you like the chateau?" Rey smiled, her eyes sparkling. "It's beautiful." Ben nodded. "I'm glad you like it, love."

After a few minutes of standing there and enjoying the view, Rey grabbed Ben's hand and grinned. "What're we waiting for? Come on." She said and began to pull him along, walking towards the palace. "Where are we going?" He asked. "To explore!" Rey replied, bubbling with laughter. She broke out in a run and Ben helplessly followed. Rey danced along excitedly as she began to explore the beauties of Naboo. Ben followed close behind, watching her expression with amusement. He loved the way her eyes lit up while she walked through the forest. She was like a child the way she'd run her hands through the leaves or pick flowers to smell and place them in her hair. She was so easily awestruck.

The excitement and wonder in her eyes told Ben that he had chosen correctly. She loved the planet wholeheartedly. The beauty and serenity of Naboo was incomparable. Rey wanted to see everything the planet had to offer. She couldn't believe that this was going to be her home. This wonderful, beautiful planet was where she was going to raise her children. She would get to spend the rest of her life in this heavenly paradise. Rey looked over at Ben and smiled wholeheartedly. He was the man she was going to spend the rest of her life with. She could hardly contain her joy. Rey pulled Ben along with her, through the forest of trees, beside the falling waterfalls, and finally to the seaside.