Chapter Eighteen - Love

Warning: There Is The Beginning of a Sex Scene, But It Isn't Graphic And Cuts Out Before Anything Happens.

Rey was careful to gather every thought, every second, every detail. From the look on Ben's face when she finally said, 'I do', to the way their first kiss as husband and wife felt. She wanted to remember this day for years to come and be able to recollect every moment. It was like a dream come true. The dream that she'd had ever since she and Ben had shared their first kiss. It was a lot to take in at times, but in a good way. If you had told Rey that she would be marrying her mortal enemy and carrying his child a year ago, she would've rather died. But now... it was more than anything she'd ever wanted. More than anything she'd ever hoped for.

It was somewhat strange, looking back at everything they'd been through and seeing how far they'd come. She never could've imagined that she would one day be getting married, let alone while she was with child. Rey always assumed she would either die in battle or end up back on Jakku, alone. That or she would live the rest of her days defending the Resistance. She figured that neither Poe nor Finn would allow her to go back to Jakku by herself, but in all honesty, Rey didn't know what would become of her. She never thought she'd find love, and when she did, she almost lost him. After that, Rey had no want to ever try to fall in love again again. But to think that he was now alive and well and they were getting married... Rey smiled to herself. She was getting married to Ben Solo... and would soon have their child... It was so much more than she ever could have dreamed of. 

Ever since the day they had touched through the dyad, Rey had known that there was something different between them. When she felt entirely alone, he comforted her. He was there for her and she was there for him. Ben had shown her a side of him that probably no one else had seen before. He wasn't just Kylo Ren, the grandson of the feared Darth Vader and the empire's greatest weapon. He was Ben Solo, a lost and lonely man who had been betrayed by his own family. Rey always knew he was capable of being a good man. She knew he was worthy of salvation and she wanted nothing more than to be the one to turn him back to the light. Now here he was, Ben Solo. Her Ben Solo.

Kylo Ren had died and Han and Leia's son had returned, a new man. A man that had changed for the better. Rey knew if she believed in him then he could do it. Even despite her shortcomings and doubts, Ben still proved her right. He was worthy of salvation. Everyone was. No matter how many bad things they had done. No matter how selfish they were. There was always the possibility of someone returning to the light. Ben was living proof of that. Just as his grandfather had been. Rey only wished that his grandfather had had more time after his redemption. Time to meet his grandson and prevent him from following that dark path. It would have saved Ben from so much pain and suffering. But none of that mattered now. Ben Solo had returned to the light and been redeemed.

   This was the moment that would change everything. An event that would determine the course of the future. A focal point in the history of the galaxy. As Poe pronounced them husband and wife, Rey leapt into Ben's arms and kissed him enthusiastically. She could barely contain the excitement that flowed through her veins. Her heart was filled with joy and she couldn't believe what was actually happening. Rey could barely concentrate on the kiss with all the emotions running through her mind but tried her best to push every thought to the side to focus on his lips. Ben's arms were wrapped around her waist and hers were around his neck. He had lifted her several feet of the ground and held her flush against him. Rey turned all of her attention to Ben and kissed him passionately. This was the man she was going to spend the rest of her life with, and she couldn't be more happy.

When they finally broke away from the kiss, Ben sat Rey down and placed a hand on her stomach with a grin. She could see the joy written all over his face. Rey took off her veil then handed it along to Finn along with her bouquet, relieved because the veil was somewhat heavy. She then positioned one hand over Ben's, interlocking their fingers and placed the other against his cheek while kissing him once more. It was a quick kiss as she knew there was an audience, but she couldn't get enough of him. When they broke away, they looked at Poe and he nodded. So Ben picked Rey up and began to carry her down the isle. She didn't argue with him although she was perfectly capable of walking herself. But she found it sweet that he insisted on carrying her down the isle.