I get a call from a tree

It was almost a relief not to have the campers around, I mean, sure, I loved them, they were my family, but the freedom was . . . like flying.

Like being able to run as fast as the wind.

Like living.

Like dying.

I loved it.

At the present hour, I was trying to figure out the physical possibilities that I could gift myself the power of flight, like Jason had. Jumping from the roof hadn't helped. Neither had swallowing so much air I felt lightheaded. I figured maybe if I swallowed a helium balloon and several birds . . .

Then again, maybe not.

An iris message shimmered in front of me, and before I could swipe it away, Thalia spoke.

"Perce!"

"Yes Thals?"

"WehavetwodemigodstakenbymortalgorevnmentbutIcan'tgetthembecauseoneisaguy!"

I raised an eyebrow at her and smirked, "chill. What is it Pinecone Face?"

"We have two demigods taken by mortal government but I can't get them because one is a guy!" She said with the same breathless energy.

"I got it." I said, my grin going going gone.

She didn't even have to tell me where. Any demigod in trouble was part of my domain.

The domain of heroes.

Nodding, I watched Thalia's grim face disappear in a wave of sparkles.

I hadn't completely gotten the hang of my new power yet, so teleporting wasn't going to happen. But their location? Easy as cheese.

Upstate New York. Avengers Tower. One hundred and eighteenth floor. Most likely some kind of lab.

Watch out kidnappers, because no one messes with Percy Jacksons demigods.