Top 10 anime betrayals

Coach Hedge tackled her with a hug, and Conner and Katie shared the joy of actually tackling her to the ground and pummeling her, while Lavinia yelled, "I HAVE NO IDEA WHY YOUR DOING THAT BUT GO! BEAT HER UP!"

"Years," Katie huffed as she got in a serious punch to my head. "It's been years Perce, since we've even heard from you."

Conner kicked her, "yeah, I don't really care but a chance to beat someone up is a chance to beat someone up."

"Thanks guys." They stepped away from her, and she dusted herself off. "So, want me to flash us out of here?"

There was a nod from Lavinia and Connor - even Coach Hedge nodded. But Katie frowned. "Something doesn't seem right. We can't just leave this place - not with all this ivy."

"Katie," Percy said gently. "It's ivy. It's gonna seem wrong no matter what. But these people caught you and put you in tanks. They don't deserve your mercy. And, I'm hungry. So let's move it move it!"

Katie frowned. But was dragged to the urinals window by Coach Hedge, who was the only one not falling over the black tendrils of plants that were stretching under the door and crawling towards them like evil tongues of fire. Needless to say, it was probably only Hedges' goat fet that had him still upright.

"I'll flash us out!"

And so everybody joined hands, Percy, who could see a giant tendril wrapping around her ankle, groped Lavinia's knee instead of her hand, and flashed them the hell outta there.

...

And boom. They landed roughly on their butts on the beach - Percy's beach to be exact. And Rachel was nowhere to be seen. Probably back to her work at Dare Industries - that kind of job demanded serious amounts of time.

Everyone was slightly dazed, and Lavinia for some odd reason had a long dark limb of ivy in her hand, but they staggered to Percy's somewhat mansion beachside thing.

"Anyone want something to drink?" Asked Percy as they collapsed into the spinning chairs in her kitchen. "Orange juice?"

There were some shaky nods, and so Percy began to gather glasses, but Katie got out of her seat and stopped her - "let me get the drinks. You haven't even sat down yet."

So Percy sat down, and Katie began to search the cupboards for orange juice.

"We need to make a plan for when they come after us." Katie announced, her face buried in the pots cupboard, looking for juice presumably.

Percy let out a hysterical laugh, and Lavinia joined her in the sport, and together they giggled away all their problems. Coach Hedge shot them a weird look, but Conner was too busy eyeing up Percy's China cabinet.

"I'm serious guys," Katie grumbled. "We can't always rely on Percy to zap us out of there - someday someone else will have to do something. Lets hypothesise. Say they come after us."

"And the halls are full of zebras," Percy threw out sarcastically.

"And suddenly tons of bubbles are everywhere!" Said Conner in an uncharacteristically sing-songy voice.

"Oooh and everyone is eating beef jerky," Lavinia grinned, "with hot sauce."

"I'll grab a zebra," Percy said, her mad genius grin in full swing, "Connor, you fill the bubbles with something poisonous, and while everyone is choking and gagging, we'll throw beef jerky in their eyes!"

"Now that, is a plan."

Katie groaned, "I should chastise you, but I'm actually curious, why do you need the zebra?"

"So we can ride off into the sunset on it, of course."

There was an awkward silence for a moment, that Lainia saw fit to fill with; "are those drinks coming along?"

"They should be! But Percy has so many ding-darn cupboards - what can you possibly be keeping in all of them?"

"Don't open that one! It has a . . ." Percy's voice trailed off as Katie tore open the door of the cupboard and an unearthly scream tore from within.

The sound was like a hundred souls dying repetitively. It was like someone had stuck some Belladonna on a needle and pierced your eardrums with it. It was like dying a thousand deaths. Katie slammed the door shut.

No one spoke.

Everyone stared at Percy.

Finally Lavinia barfed up the guts to say, "why do you have a portal to the Fields of Punishment in your kitchen cupboard?"

"It's mandatory for all gods."

"To have the evil souls of the dead in your cutlery draw?"

"Well no . . . Apollo keeps his portal in his bedside table, and I think Hera's is in the bathroom because one time I was having lunch there and -"

"Don't share that story."

"Okay."

"Why?"

"Well, Hades keeps grudges like you would not believe - one time I spilt some milk on his robe of souls when I was borrowing it to prank Zues, and I have never seen a man throw a hissy fit like that before."

"More to the point please Perce," sighed Katie, who was cautiously cracking open another cupboard and pearing in to check for any dead souls before properly opening it.

"Well anyway, if you owe a god a favour you have to put a portal to their realm somewhere in your humble abode so they can call it in whenever they want - apparently I owe him because I was turned into a god not smited. But whatever, on that topic don't open my copy of "The Hunger Games" because there's a portal to Apollo's chariot on page . . . oh, I forget."

"Great."

"Oh and sometimes random portals pop up in the bathroom on the third floor, so if you see a random mortal wandering around that's probably why."

Connor nodded, taking in this information as he drew a blueprint of how Percy's China cupboard was made on a napkin. "Why should we know this?"

"Well, if you aren't leaving until Katie finds the orange juice, I figure you'll be staying a couple nights."

"Oh wHeRe iS iT aLrEaDy PeRcY?!?"

"It's on the bench."

Percy pointed next to the glasses where a bottle full of yesterday-squeezed orange juice sat.

"So guys, just out of question, what was Lavinia even doing with you when you got captured?" Connor asked, obviously trying to keep the attention off him as he tried to estimate the value of everything inside the China cupboard.

Lavinia shook her head, as if to clear it. "That's right. Sorry, we won't be having orange juice, because Persephone Jackson is under arrest via the laws of the senate and reining praetors."

Get to know you author . . . 

My first love . . . lol don't have one. Actually . . . it's kind of unrequited. So I went to the SPCA and there he was  . . . fluffy and cute, absoluetly adorable, and three years later my trans cat still hates my guts :'( love you Bast!! Even though you only live with me because I feed you!