I add 'the supreme master of armpit farting' to my résumé

The redhead glared at me, "what are you?"

"Amazing!" I sent her a winning grin and she frowned.

"I'm more amazing." Declared Lavinia. "I can do everything she can do!"

I snorted and went to flash myself back home, but Rachel sent me a glare that said I want to get a better read on the threat these people are.

Or it could have said cook the Lavinia for dinner. I don't know, either way I had to stall for a little while at least. Everyone stared at me expectantly, and I remembered I was supposed to do something Lavinia couldn't do.

I armpit farted loudly.

Snorts came from all around, including Lavinia.

"Yeah then you do better if you're going to snort at my talent!"

"No, no, you are the supreme master of armpit farting."

"Thank you."

"Do you have any powers?" Quizzed Mr Patriotic, glarintraight at me. Hey, what can I say, I attract all the attention.

"Aside from my fashion sense? I play mean harmonica!"

"And she has the most recorded times of being sent into the hospital because she got hit by lightning!" Lavinia added helpfully.

Not wanting to miss out on the action, Rachel added, "she can fit five blue cookies in her mouth at once."

"How would you describe each other?" Asked the ever-robotic redhead.

"Well," I said. "When I went to Rome, I tried these licorice horses, and it turns out, I don't like licorice. Like, as in really don't like licorice. I spewed a lot. BUt anyway those were the colour of Rachel's hair!"

"So my hair is the colour of spewed up licorice?"

"No, the licorice before it was spewed."

"That is not what I meant," sighed the redhead, "how would you describe yourselves then?"

Lavinia answered, "verbally. But I'm prepared to do interpretive dance."

The redhead slapped her viciously in the face, and I watched one of Lavinia's molars fly across the room in a blob of blood and hit the ceiling. We would have to make a detour to Apollos Apothecary on the way out.

(It's slogan was: Come I shall heal you,

Probably - if you're lucky,

Have some chocolate.

I avoided the place and it's many haikus at all costs)

"Hey!" I yelled. "She's good at dancing!"

Slapping her hands on the table in front of me the aggressive redhead snarled, "you answer my questions seriously or you don't get to live to answer the next one!"

"Okay," goatee guy announced, "swapping questioners time!"

He was smart to intervene, because if she knocked out one more of Lavinia's molars, I would have smashed out all of hers. No one hurts my friends, stupid and annoying as they may be, friends are friends, no matter how stupid.

Banner slapped his hand down on the table, "how smart are you?"

Civil but efficient.

"Are we supposed to rate ourselves?" Lavinia asked, "I'm probably like a solid six out of ten."

"Me to," agreed Rachel.

Giving a scheming grin, I said, "I think ten out of ten for me."

The goatee guy grunted and wrote down something that looked suspiciously like two out of ten. "I can see that just so you know, Mr Goatee."

"Judging a book by its cover," he raked his eyes over me, "that's what I'll give you generously."

"I'm plenty street smart. I don't jaywalk."

This time it was Rachel who snorted, "you got hit by the Mercedes yesterday, the guy driving was going to sue you for loitering on his property but you ran. Last week a guy was backing out of his driveway at five km and hour, and you ran straight into his bumper and dented it. I'm skeptical on using street smart to describe you."

"Humph." I crossed my arms and sunk lower in my chair, prepared to pout like no one had ever pouted before. But Lavinia ruined it by tipping herself out of her chair and onto mine.

Her body weight knocked me onto Rachel and we fell off our chairs like dominoes. Dominoes in pain. Dominoes with nerve endings.

Rachel grabbed my hand roughly as we ran collectively into the open door to the hallway and yelled, "TELEPORT!"

"But I don't want to!" I yelled, "this is fun!"

Rachel hiked up the hem of her skirt so she could run and screamed at me. "This isn't a democracy! This is a Rachelocracy!"

And so I teleported us out.

We landed with a thud on the beach outside my house. "My butt hurts," I moaned and glared at Rachel. "Why didn't you give me more time?"

She ignored my question. "Don't you feel like something is missing?"

"The nerve ending in my gluteus?"

We both stared at each other and came to the same conclusion.

"Lavinia."

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH CLIFF HANGER!!!!!

Also time for . . . get to know your author . . .

Challenge 8: Something I struggle with

This should probably be something deep but . . . I had to get grammarly for school and iT wOn'T sToP sPaMmInG mE wItH eMaIls AnD i CaN't BlOcK iT bEcAUsE oF sChOoL