The sea arrives in a wave of terror

When I woke up, Thor was telling some jaunty tale, but it was too early and I still couldn't see straight, all I caught was something about 'Otis murdered,' 'Kevin's Mead,' 'mango cheese,' 'ham gone missing,' and something I think—hope—I misheard about eating dragon hearts.

"So, Thor, What were you going to say last night?"

"I have to visit Midgard. Some friends friends were kidnapped and their not very happy."

"Normal friends or freaky friends?" Bruce smacked me upside the face. Rude.

Thor just smirked. "They are not without powers if that is what you mean."

Suddenly, a loud beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep rang through the room. It wasn't a good beep. It was the kind of intrusive sound that urged you to gear up to fight. Then it registered in my mind what it was.

Power alert.

Someone powerful was nearby and not happy.

"Protect the prisoners!" Barked Steve, as he ran to the door.

"Prisoners?"

"This guy who was messing with the environment and this girl and—"

I was cut off by a loud gasp from Thor. "Let them go. Now. I can talk to her before she kills you all. Hopefully. But only if they go free."

"Let them go?!?" Steve croaked, confused.

My mind, however, was more focused on something else, something that was far more important in my opinion "won't kill us?"

Instead of answering, Thor grimaced. "To late."

"Late for what?"

"She's here."