Meat Subway for the vegetarian

The corridor was dark. And empty.

No light came in from the room I'd been in, as the girl moved and the wall lowered. I was left in almost complete blackness.

The only light was ominously shining from down the corridor. So naturally, I decided to follow it, because who wouldn't follow the plot of a horror movie?

As it got brighter, I noticed the corridor ended in a singular room. It was standard in size and had two familiar people sitting on the only furniture in the room; a green couch. Why couldn't it be blue? Now that is one of the great mysteries of the world, children.

"Hey!" Rachel waved me over, and I plopped down on the couch next to her.

"Hey Rach, hey Lav-Lav."

Lavinia glared at me and coughed.

"What's up with her?"

"Lost her voice due to a LOT of pink vomiting."

I nodded my head as if that were a perfectly normal answer.

"What's with the whole captive thing?"

RED frowned at that, "I don't know. We woke up in that room, you were still sleeping, and walked down here. There's no way out once you're in."

At that, I turned around to look at the door I'd entered through, it had, indeed, disappeared. As though it'd never existed.

Huh. I gave the room a once over, and it was about as bland as a room could be with a green couch in it. Pretty much every other thing was some varying shade of white.

It seemed to be designed to be dull.

It was just annoying to an immortal ADHD teenager though.

"I could just flash us out of here?" I offered.

Rachel smiled and then frowned. "No, no, that won't work. Lavinia is too queasy. I'd rather pretend to be a prisoner than be covered in pink puke."

"Ditto."

"So then what?"

"We wait."

And so we did.

For about twenty seconds. Hey. We tried. Seeing as I wasn't allowed to flash Rachel and Lavinia out, I took orders for Subways (playing Charades with Lavinia was interesting, I think she wanted a chicken-meatball footlong with extra lettuce but I'm not sure), and flashed out to get them.

The cue was taking forever though, and I was regretting not calling ahead for a reserve order.

When I got to the front of the line a familiar face greeted me, and I saw Leonora with her cheeky grin bashfully sporting a Subway uniform waiting to take my order. Her cheeks were the same bashful shade of red, and her freckles still spilled in clumps on her cheeks.

But the joy on her face was more realistic, more like she wasn't facing an impending doom, but rather a line of impatient hungry customers.

Underneath her tacky green Subway apron and chef's hat she was wearing her all-famous fire-proof dungarees and orange T-Shirt. Which usually meant Callisto was around.

"LEO!" I shouted in her face. "You're in NY?"

"Sure am Water-Girl."

I frowned. I thought we were over that. "What was the Mr Elf?"

"Would you just order up there!" Yelled a man at the back of the line. I suppose we were taking a while.

"What can I get you?" Leo asked with one of her evil smiles.

"One spaghetti meatball six inch for me. All the vegetables please, oh and RED wants a feijoa and nashi smoothie. Oh and can I get a footlong chicken-meatball sub with every vegetable and extra lettuce. Oh and make all of the bread Italian Herbs and Cheese please."
Leo grinned. "Coming right up."

As she worked along the bench she talked, "so what brings you here?"
"Oh, your classic hostage situation. They won't let me flash them out because Lavinia's puking, so I came to get lunch."

Leonora nodded and handed me my order, "so basically same-old-same-old?"

"Yeah."