And here we have the rare and wild bubblegum girl

"Noooooooo." I said, holding my hand over my heart dramatically, "I just banter with random strangers."

Rachel, catching my gist, continued. "And I just invite random people I pass on the street to my private buffet dinner."

"So you don't know each other?" He raised an eyebrow.

Mr Oblivious much?

"We know each other," Rachel deadpanned.

Her sarcastic comment, although it had been following mine, reminded me that although Rachel was dressed in a priss uniform that had probably been washed and pressed hours ago, she was the same paint covered glittery frizzy haired girl that threw a hairbrush at the Lord of Times eye.

She was still the girl that stood up and kissed me while I was standing on the roof of Paul's Prius, preparing myself to leap onto Blackjacks back.

She was still the girl that reminded me that Asher wasn't the only option. She saw him waver before the break up. Speaking of which . . .

"Oh, and Percy, before this conversation goes wherever it's going, I wanted to ask, can I host the wedding?"

"What wedding?" She asked, desperately hoping Rachel hadn't assumed . . . you know, that.

"You and -"

She was rudely cut off by Captain Average, which for once I was supremely thankful for. "I'm taking you into custody!"

He had announced it with such stuck-upness that Rachel raised one of her fiery eyebrows. "For what? I'm just chatting with my employer's second cousin. Who also happens to be one of my best friends."

"I thought you ran the business?" Percy asked, biting the fishing line of trouble.

"My other job, Miss I-Cause-Trouble-For-The-Fun-Of-It."

"The one with my half-brother, his girlfriend, and that bubble-gum girl?"

"That's the one." Rachel ground out through her teeth at me. Ah, the joy of winding people up.

"DiD yOu JuSt CaLl Me BuBbLe GuM gIrL?!?!" Lavinia's head popped out from behind a pot plant, and the situation lost all sense.

"Why's she here?" I mouthed to Rachel.

She shrugged.

Real helpful, RED.

"Persephone Jackson and accomplice you are under arrest and you will stand trial." America and Bubblegum said at the same time.

They turned to look at eachother.

"Who are you here with?" Asked Steve, eyeballing Lavinia's face, which had a swollen purple blotch all around her lips. (Poison Oak)

"What about YOU?!" She asked, exclaiming the YOU with her bubblegum popping in her face.

He rolled his eyes, for what seemed like the fiftieth time in less than five minutes, "the government."

"The government!" Lavinia snorted and pink gum out came out of her nose - everyone stepped back.

"Do you think?" I asked.

"Surely not." Replied Rachel.

Lavinia was pulling her stream of pink gum out her nose, while I stared concernedly at her and wondered if that was as gross as it looked. I mean, snorting milk out your nose on accident was one thing, but bubble gum? That couldn't be good.

And if it was, what was it good for?

Back to the fact that Lavinia was simultaneously snorting and choking on her gum in the corner. Grossssssssssssss.

Anyway, mental note; bubblegum is lethal.