Chapter Twenty-Three: Baby Lisa

Jennie's POV

Shock was written in my face on what Lisa told me. She loves me.

But she can't love. No! She doesn't need me in her life! She doesn't need someone like me.

"Thank you for loving me Lili. But I can't love you back. You don't need to love me. You don't need someone who is weak."

That was the last thing I said to her before I left her at the kitchen that day. It's been two days since I avoided Lisa.

I sleep with Ella at the guest room and Ella asks me why won't I sleep with Lisa. I didn't answer her and maybe she already knew why.

Today is a Monday and Lisa has work. I need to face her. I can't escape all the time. Just like what she told me.

I go out of the guest room and walk down the stair to go to the kitchen. I'll make her pancakes.

As I make the pancakes, I heard footsteps going down the stairs. I know its her.

"Good morning Nini."

Gosh! What should I do? Should I answer back? Should I turn around? Should I just ig-.

My thoughts were cut off when I felt someone hug me from the back.

Lili.

I freeze when she nuzzles to my neck. I felt hot water on my neck and my clothes is getting wet.

What?! Is she crying?

"Please talk to me Nini." She slowly said and sob.

I hold her hand which is circling around my waist.

"Please stop crying Lisa." It was the only word I can tell.

"No! Stop calling me Lisa! I'm Lili!" I smile at what she said.

I turn off the stove and turn around to look at her.

She is really crying.

"Lili, you don't need to cry please." I said and wiping her tears away.

"Mianhe. But I just had a nightmare last night. It was really scary. I hope it won't happen." Lisa said like a child.

"I'm sorry. I was not there to make you feel better." I feel guilty.

"I cried all night long. I can't sleep anymore after having a nightmare."

"You should have called me."

"I don't want to disturb you and you're still angry at me." I frown on what she said.

"Why would I be angry at you?"

"Because I told you the three words. I made you upset and mad, didn't I?"

I look at her before answering.

"No. I'm not mad at you Lisayah. I'm mad at myself. I'm mad that I can't give back the love that you always give me. I'm mad that I can't even love myself Lisa. I'm mad on how can you love someone like me who is weak, worthless, a piece of tra-." I was cut off by Lisa.

"Stop saying that! You're not like that! I don't care if you don't love me back. All I care about is you. I want the best for you. I want to see you smiling." Lisa said.

"Thank you." The only thing I could say.

"Please sleep at our room tonight Nini. I missed you." She said.

I smiled and nodded.

"Please don't avoid me like that again." Lisa said and pout.

"I promise not to avoid my Lili ever again." I said and kissed her cheeks that made both of us shocked.