IV

✨"Where did the time go?
Why do I feel like I don't know myself?"✨

The four of us sat in silence as I made my way out of the school parking lot, I didn't feel like listening to music and I didn't care if they wanted to.

"Were people talking about me?" I asked keeping my eyes on the road. When no one said anything, I looked around the car and they all avoided looking at me, "You can tell me I'll be fine," I said.

"Some people were, but not a lot," Kairi finally answered. I sighed but didn't say anything and kept driving until we puled up to our house.

Without saying a word, I let us all into the house and made my way to my room, I lied in my bed staring at my wall full of pictures.
A picture of Lexi Katrina and I caught my eye. I got up to look at it closely, the picture was of the three of us in my back yard sitting around the pool. I didn't know whether to feel sad or angry looking at the picture. I thought back to that day, feeling mainly sad. They only ever came over when my pool was open, so we didn't hang out at my house a lot.
I guess I never realized how much they used me before now. Just looking at the picture replaced all my sadness with anger, and I punched the wall hard right where the picture was hanging. The punch wasn't hard enough to damage the wall, but it definitely did something to my hand. I felt the pain shoot through my hand as soon as connected with the wall.

"What was that?" Alejandro peeked his head into my room. My hand started to throb and my eyes watered.

"I punched the wall," I held my hand against my chest.

"Are you okay?" Alejandro look confused by my state.

"No," I tried to squeeze my fingers and winced in pain, "I think I broke my hand," I look at him and his eyes widened.

"What do I do?" He asked panicked.

"I don't know, call mom," I told him equally as panicked.

"Okay, where's my phone?" He patted his pockets.

"How am I supposed to know that Alex," I shouted as he ran out of my room then ran back in and grabbed me by my arm pulling me to his room with him.

"Where's my phone?" He shouted to Mattia and Kairi earning confused looks from them. I sat down on his bed and cradled my hand as he frantically searched for his phone.

"What happened?" Mattia asked.

"I hurt my hand," I looked at it sadly.

"Ow!" I yelled as Kairi poked the palm of my hand,

"Don't touch it!" I started to cry from the pain.

"Sorry," He said looking shocked.

Alejandro finally found his phone and called our mom, trying his best to explain what happened.

"You should probably ice it," Mattia suggested.

"Okay," I sniffled, and we went to the kitchen.

I sat at the island as Mattia searched through the freezer and pulled out two bags of frozen vegetables. He put one down then placed a dish towel over top of it and rested my hand on it wrapping the towel around my hand. He then tried to pry my fingers open and causing me to pull my hand back.

"It hurts," I whined letting more tears fall onto my cheeks.

"I know," He said looking at me with sympathetic eyes, "But it's gonna help,"

I put my hand back on the bag and let him open my hand, so it lied flat then place the other bag of vegetables over top.

"See it's not that bad,"

"Yes it is," I stuck my lip out.

"You're cute you know that?" He laughs at me and I try to hold back my blush.

'he doesn't mean it he has a girlfriend,' I thought to myself

Alejandro and Kairi made came down the stairs just as my mom walked through the front door with Emiliano following close behind her.

She ran to me looking at my hand in concern,

"What happened Nena?"

"I think I broke my hand," I told her trying not to cry anymore as she pulled the bag of frozen vegetables off to look at it. It was swollen and a bruise started to form on the back of my hand, I looked away feeling sick.

"How did you do that?" She put the vegetables back on top of it.

"I punched my wall, well I punched Lexis picture but it was on my wall," I shrugged at her feeling embarrassed.

"Oh mija," A sympathetic look took over her face and she wiped some of the left over tears off of my cheeks, "Come on let's get you to the hospital," She grabbed her keys and her purse then helped me put on a pair of slides and buckled be into the car.

After a very long and agonizing four hours in the hospital and a stop at mcdonald's, my mom and I were finally on our way home.

I carried the large mcdonald's bag up to Alejandros room. I struggled to open the door due to the thick cast that covered my left arm. Eventually I opened the door and held the bag up with a big smile plastered on my face. Feeling very loopy from the pain medication I ran over to Alejandros bed and crawled to the top of it curling up into a ball. All the boys laughed at me as I started to pull food out of the bag.

I laughed a long with them even though I didn't know what was funny, "What's so funny?" I asked still giggling causing them to laugh even harder.

"Are you okay?" Alejandro asked in between laughs.

"Yeah, look at my cast, look how cute it is, it's pink," Shoved it towards him to get a better look,
"And they gave me codeine so it doesn't hurt," I added.

"You could sell that and make good money," Kairi said from the couch.

"Drug dealuh," I said copying the tik tok sound and the boys laughed even harder.

I spent the rest of the night watching them play Fifa until I started to drift off. I felt someone shake me. Opening my eyes I saw Mattia standing next to me. Alejandro was asleep on the other side of his bed and Kairi was sleeping on the couch.

"What?" I asked angry that he woke me up.

"Go to your room I wanna sleep and your taking up the whole bed,"

"I can't believe you woke me up to tell me that, you're an asshole," I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Come on," He laughed and pulled me up into his arms.

He kept his arm around me holding me up as I tried not to trip over my own feet. I fell into my bed and closed my eyes but opened them again when I didn't hear Mattia leave.

"What?" I asked again in the same tone as before.

"Are you good, like actually good? You had a pretty shitty day," He sat at the end of my bed.

I turned over onto my back and shrugged, "I don't know, I'm mostly just shocked that Lexi and Kat would do that to me but i'll be okay,"

"I'm not shocked, they were always shitty friend to you,"

"I guess I never realized it," My voice cracked a little bit and i stopped myself before I started crying.

Mattia moved up on my bed laying next to me on his back, "You know you can always hang out with me right, we used to be so close I don't know what happened" He looked over at me and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You got back with Jenna and stopped talking to me, that's what happened," He looked away from me.

"Well I guess we have some catching up to do," He said quietly and I nodded.

"I can't believe you're gonna be my only friend, that's so sad," I joked causing him to roll his eyes.

"Shut up," And with that I drifted back into a deep sleep.

✨✨✨✨✨
diana ren broke her wrist and got a pink cast so now i want to break my wrist and get a pink cast...

that was the sole purpose of me adding this in lit rally just bc i want a pink cast it's not even relevant to the story line