XIX

✨ "I know you're right for me
But I'm waiting for everything in your world
To align with my world" ✨

A week had passed since the day we went to the beach and I haven't spoken to Josh or Mattia since. It was pretty easy to avoid talking to Mattia because he's been in italy with his family for the past few days but he comes home today. I only know this because he mentioned it in the group chat.
The hardest part of all this was trying to act like nothing had happened in our group chats.

I tried not to think about it as I got ready for my moms bachelorette party. My mom just wanted a small party so her friend was throwing her a backyard barbecue at her house.

I put on the dress I had bought from the mall then my mom drove us to her friends house.

The party ended up going really well. After everyone ate we played some bachelorette games and they all played a few drinking games which I sat out from because I was the designated driver. The party started at 1pm and it was almost 5pm when we finally made our way home.

Once we got home we found my dad and Emiliano swimming in the pool my mom sat on the patio and watched them, Alejandro was in New York visiting his friends again so I joined her outside. I took off my sandals and lied on one of the patio couches feeling the warm sun on my skin. I lied with my eyes closed until my phone went off.

Mattia🦕: I'm home now wanna hang out

Athena: won't jenna get mad?

Mattia🦕: I'm not with jenna

Mattia🦕: just come over

Athena: k

I looked over at my mom who had her feet crossed on the table and she had her eyes closed with a small smile on her face.

"Hey, I'm gonna go for a drive," I said hoping she was tipsy enough that she wouldn't ask where I was going.

"Okay, be safe mija," She said opening her eyes to look at me.

I smiled back at her before slipping my sandals back on then making my way to Mattia's. There were no cars in his driveway when I got there so I assumed his parents weren't home. I knocked on the door and Mattia answered letting me in. I followed him down to his room and sat on his couch and he sat on his chair and played his music.

I hated how awkward it was I didn't know what to say or do so I just looked at him while I played with the hem of my dress.

"How was italy," I asked breaking the silence.

"It was good, I'm glad I got to see my Nonna," He said and I smiled and nodded, his grandmother had been sick for a while but he never talked about it.

"It was probably cool seeing all your supporters there too I bet," I said.

"Fuck I hate this," He said rubbing his face.