XXIV

✨"Who knows where the road will lead us
Only a fool would say"✨

On the plane ride home, I didn't talk to any body, instead I did a lot of thinking and came to the conclusion that Alejandro was in the wrong and I should be able to date whoever I want to date.

For the four nights between when we got home from Chicago to the night we left for Costa Rica I slept at Ava's house and came home occasionally, to get clothes and see my parents. Mattia and I kept talking as normal and I tried not to let all the things Alejandro said get in the way.

I ended up all over tiktok room for the things that happened at SocialBash. First it was videos and pictures of me when I greened out at the prom. Then it was videos of me walking away from the panel with the boys. A lot of people made videos sharing there experience at the panel purposely trying to make it look like I was a bad person. I
made a video while I was at Ava's trying to clear up the stuff and trying to explain why I left the panel without completely sharing the actual reason. Most people were understanding but there was obviously still a few girls that wanted to 'cancel' me.

Alejandro and I didn't talk to each other about anything that happened at socialbash and we spoke to each other as little as possible without letting our parents know we were fighting again.

We walked silently, arms linked together, following my mom as she walked down the isle. We didn't exchange any words as we took pictures after the wedding ceremony or on the drive to the reception.

We were now sat at a table watching our mom and dad share their first dance as husband and wife. I started to get caught up in the moment and my eyes went blurry with tears that quickly fell over onto my cheeks.

"Why can't you just let me be happy?" I asked in a shaky voice not taking my eyes off my parents.

I heard him sigh and saw him look at me from the corner of my eye, "Why did you have to pick my bestfriend?" He asked. I looked at him with a blank expression.

"Just grow up," I told him and he looked confused, "You act like everything is about you when it's not, he was there for me when my bestfriends turned on me, when you turned on me," I said through gritted teeth tired of arguing with him about it.

He was about to say something when I heard my name being called, I looked up to see my aunt calling me over to the small stage. I walked away before Alejandro could say anything and made my way to the stage. I watched my mom's surprised expression as I grabbed the microphone and stepped up onto the stage.

"Mami," I smiled at her, "Papi," I looked at him and he looked like he was trying to hold in tears, "I wanted to let you know that I'm so happy for you guys and I'm so happy that you guys found each other. Mami, you've been through so much heartache over the years so if there's anyone who deserves this, its you. And I knew from the moment you came into our lives, Emilio, that you were meant to be our dad. So, to show my love and appreciation for you both I wanted to sing a song for you guys," My dad wiped his eyes as my mom kissed his cheek.

The music started to play from the speakers, and I smiled as my mom laughed in excitement hearing one of her favourite songs, All the way by Celine Dion.

"I'm gonna love you all the way," I sang the last line of the song and everyone clapped and cheered. I stepped off the stage and hugged my parents who were both in tears.

More upbeat music started fill the room and people started making their way to the dancefloor. I walked off to the bar that was on the side of the room and got a cup of water and made my way out of the hall. I sat on the steps feeling the cool breeze on my warm skin.

I pulled out my phone seeing I had a missed text from Mattia asking how the wedding was going, I texted him back then leaned back on my arms and watched the sky. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard the door open then Alejandro came out and sat next to me.

"That was really nice to sing their song for them," He said.

"I know, I wanted to remind them who the better twin was," I gave him a small smile, we sat in silence for a moment before I spoke again, "Is dad still crying?"

"Yeah, I think the part about you knowing he was meant to be our dad really just got him," He chuckled.

"Well it's true, I remember the first time we met him when we were eight and I looked at him and said... you are my dad boogie woogie woogie," I said trying to hold in my laugh.

"You're so stupid," Alejandro pushed me while laughing.

Silence fell over us again and I looked back up at the stars,

"I wonder if I'll ever find love," I sighed dramatically, he looked at me and I moved my eyes to meet his.

"If you break his heart, I'll kill you," He said, and I turned to him surprised.

"Aren't you supposed to say that to him?"

"I don't care about your feelings," He laughed.

"So, you're like cool with me and him like dating?" I asked.

"I guess I'm gonna have to be," He shrugged.

I pulled him into a tight hug and swayed us back and forth.

He pushed me off him and pretended to wipe my germs off his arm. I laughed at him before pulling him up to go inside.

"I'm done being in my feels," I said as we walked back into the reception. I spent the rest of the wedding dancing with my brothers and our parents.