Chapter 19

"She fainted?" Ivar questioned with instant concern

"She fainted." Hvitserk confirmed.

"How did she faint?" He asked, limping as quickly as he could towards his wife.

"Well one minute she was standing and the next she wasn't. You know, she fainted." Hvitserk sighed, knowing he wouldn't get a break from this.

Ivar looked at him for a moment as the stood in front of the closed door. "She fainted." He spoke plainly. "She just fainted."

Out of nowhere, the door opened and the two Ragnarssons stated at the figure in the doorway. "She didn't just faint." Ailbe looked towards them with unhidded concern across her face. "Ivar, could I speak to you?"

Instantly his heart sunk, his mind filling with fear as he followed her, shutting the door firmly behind him - though he knew Hvitserk would be stood listening anyway.

"What's wrong?" He asked concerned, looking at her as though she'd caught the plague. "Are you dying?"

She chuckled nervously, heaving a deep sigh. "No, I'm not dying."

"Are you sick?" He narrowed his gaze at her, as if he could see her illness by doing so.

"I'm not sick either, Ivar." She answered with less patient.

"Then what? Hm? I can't read your mind your mind you know!" He exasperated.

"I'm pregnant!" Ailbe yelled, filling the room with silence.

Ivar stared at her for a moment in pure shock, not quite believing what he was hearing. For once, he was at a loss for words, and Ailbe enjoyed the brief silence while it lasted.

"You're pregnant?" He repeated.

"I'm pregnant." She confirmed.

He looked at her again, face contorting into a look of both confusion and pure joy. "I'm going to be a father?"

She smiled at the tone in his voice, a time that told her all she needed to know. "You're going to be a father." She answered finally, walking over to him slowly. "You're going to have a child."

He smiled sincerely, gently touching the non-existent bump where his baby lay. His smile only grew when he looked at her, the woman who had given him everything he could have ever wanted and more. "I love you." He told her in the softest voice that she'd ever heard him use.

" I love you too Ivar. " She smiled, kissing him gently with a warmth that seemed to fill the room.

He was going to be a father.

Nothing on earth could have ever made him happier than that.

Happy Valentine's guys
I hate Valentine's but this year all yall who are reading my book are my Valentine
Hfdjdkdjjehesh just when you thought I couldn't get any cheesier. You were wrong mwahaha.

-R