4: Muted Party

Playlist:

Heart of Darkness ~ Sam Tinnesz/Tommee Profitt

Levitate ~ Hadouken!

Walk Through the Fire ~ Zayde Wolf with Ruelle

I stood on the roof with my arms crossed while the sheriff's department swarmed the area. Overhead a helicopter hovered, the spotlight illuminating the roof. I helped Scott sneak Liam off the roof and Melissa and I gave the deputies our statements. Jordan had made sure I was okay first before I led him and Stilinski to the roof. I hadn't even known about the wendigos being in Beacon Hills, how did the mouthless man know? Why kill a whole family of them? I watched a deputy take pictures and I was glad that Sean's teeth had retracted back to human ones.

"Hey, let's get everyone off the roof," Stilinski said. "And see if you can stall the ME for five minutes."

Jordan just looked at him.

"I've got an expert of my own coming to take a look."

I managed not to smile. I knew exactly who his expert was.

"You have an expert on teenage cannibals?" Jordan asked.

I snorted a laugh.

"Five minutes, Parrish."

"Hey," Jordan got everyone's attention and motioned them to leave. He turned and put his hand on my back and I started to leave as well.

"Actually, Trish needs to stay," Stilinski said. "To help give my expert a clearer picture of what happened up here."

Jordan looked like he was about to protest.

"It's alright," I said.

"This guy just attacked you. How can you be so calm and collected? I'd be freaking out."

"I've had a gun to the back of my head and held hostage by a psychotic teenager. I don't think anything can get more traumatizing than that."

Jordan didn't argue with that.

"Alright." He kissed my forehead. "You know where I'll be."

I nodded and gave him a smile as he followed the others. Stilinski turned, then jumped. I looked behind me and saw Derek was already on the roof.

"Where'd you sneak in from?" I asked.

"Uh, I guess you've been there long enough to hear we need to be quick about this," Stilinski said as he and I joined Derek next to Sean's body. "Scott and Trish said he was a wendigo."

"Cannibalistic shape-shifters," Derek confirmed. "But I haven't heard of them in Beacon Hills for a long time. They must have been well hidden."

"Well enough that I didn't know they were here, either. There was a whole family of them," I said. "All four of them were viciously murdered, too."

Derek suddenly turned around, a look of puzzlement on his face. "How many people were up here?"

"Just me, Sean, Scott, and the killer," I lied.

"Who apparently has no mouth," Stilinski added. "You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?"

Derek was focused on the ground where Liam had been hanging off the building. He'd know my lie right off. "There was someone else."