6: Banshees and Berserkers

Playlist:

Battlegrounds ~ Goodnight Argent

Wolves without Teeth ~ Of Monsters and Men

Run Boy Run ~ Woodkid

I See Fire (Peter Hollens Cover)  ~ Ed Sheeran

TRISH

We'd rushed Brett to the animal clinic in my car. On the way, he'd started seizing and coughing up a yellow substance. Derek met us and helped get Brett inside. Derek, Stiles, and I were trying to hold him down, but he had a strength I hadn't come across.

"What the hell is happening to this kid?" Stiles asked as we struggled to hold him while Alan worked.

"He's been poisoned by rare wolfsbane," Alan answered.

"Much rarer than Nordic Blue," I said. "I've never actually seen this one in practice."

"I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible."

"Hey, Derek, how about a little werewolf strength?" Stiles said.

I glanced up at Derek.

"Yeah, I'm not the only one here with werewolf strength," he snapped.

I added to my strength, trying to hold him.

"If you can't hold him still, the incision might kill him," Alan warned.

"I think he's slipping," Stiles said. "I don't think I can hold him."

I jumped to Stiles' side and pressed into Brett's shoulder. Brett got loose and pushed us back. I jumped back in and got claws to the shoulder. "Ah!" I clutched my shoulder.

Peter seemed to come out of nowhere and clocked Brett, knocking him out.

I dove for Brett. "He's not breathing."

"I guess I still have a little werewolf strength myself," Peter commented.

"Yeah, maybe more than a little," Derek commented.

I looked up as Alan made the incision he needed to and see Derek was looking at his arm where Brett had scratched him. Brett gasped and I pushed Stiles back as a yellow mist came out of the wound.

"Is he okay?" Stiles asked.

"He will be," I said.

Derek looked down at his arm again and the scratches finally healed. Peter looked concerned and I realized he'd seen it too. He looked over at me and he realized I knew about Derek's problem. Brett started whispering.

"Guys, can you hear that?" Stiles asked. "I think he's trying to say something."

I leaned down to hear him better.

"The sun... the moon... the truth," he kept repeating and my eyebrows rose.

"Three things cannot be long hidden," Alan started.

"The sun, the moon, and the truth," I finished.

"It's Buddhist."

"He's one of Satomi's Betas."

"How do you know that?" Stiles asked.

"I knew Satomi. I haven't seen her since I was a teenager."