Do You Mean it?

Irene's POV

I was alarmed by the sound of the emergency button from Serene's necklace. Serene have been suffering from bad asthma since she was three. But since she really wanted to have a normal childhood like any other kid, I choose to trust her. I let her play on her own but she's not allowed to go far from our house and she have to wear that necklace where if there's an emergency she'll push it then I'll be able to track her with my GPS. I immediately took my phone, bring the first aid kit and started running to her location. I usually know where she goes so I'm not really worried that I won't be able to find her. When I first checked on her location, she's just on that spot where she usually is but when I looked again, she's moving.

"What the hell is happening here? Why is she moving so fast?"

When I went to her location, I immediately asked if there's a little girl that was having a hard time breathing earlier and people said that a lady grabbed her and bring her to the nearest hospital.

"What the hell is she thinking? If something happens to my daughter, I'll kill her." I checked on my phone and they stopped at Harp Hospital which is good cause that's where I always bring Serene.

I'm almost crying when I went to the info office and asked for Serene. I immediately run to the ER and talked to the doctor.

"Doc how's Serene?"

"Oh Ms. Bae, she's fine now. It's just a normal attack. What happened? I thought that the necklace emergency button is perfectly working?"

"Oh yes, it is. But one lady just grabbed her and bring her here. I don't know what will I do if something happens to her during those times."

"Oh well. It works perfectly fine cause she was brought here in time." Even though the doctor said that, I'm still upset. She clearly knows that the mother of that child wasn't there so she should have waited and not just decide on her own. I get it that she wanted to be a good samaritan but sometimes you gotta know your limit.

I immediately asked the nurse who brought Serene here and she pointed at a lady who is busy talking with somebody. Why does her back seemed so familiar. I tapped her shoulder and as soon as she faced me, I slapped her face real hard.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She yelled. She was totally upset with what I did but it was changed right away with a surprised face when she recognized me. "Ire---Irene?"

I was so surprised as well but then I get so mad afterwards. "Seulgi?" I've never thought that I'll meet her again after so many years and in this situation. Ughh

As soon as I mentioned her name, she cried. Her tears just poured out like it was never ending. I know from the start that those tears were real and seeing her like  that breaks my heart. Shit, why do I still feel that way? Ever since, her tears were my weakness but after all the things that happenned I thought I'll never feel anything towards her. I don't know but I felt like crying as well seeing her body..my gosh, she lost so much weight and I'm 100% sure about it. Her eyes looks so tired..her skin looks so pale, did I do this to her? But she deserves it right? I mean she broke my heart when she choose to break up with me. I thought that she's gonna help, accept and understand me but she choose to believe on those lies and when she found that I was saying the truth, it's already too late like I can't trust her anymore.

"Irene, is s--he you--r dau--gh--ter?" She asked while shaking and crying.

"Yes she is. And what the hell are you thinking? I was on my way to see her and you just grabbed her and bring her here. You know, something could have happened to her during those times."

"I'm not sure that you were coming and she's having a hard time already so I just did what I know is the best."

"What you know is the best huh? Sounds so familiar to me."

"Irene, I know that I messed up eight years ago but please give me one more chance. For the past eight years, all I think about is you. I still love you and it never wavered."

"Oh yeah, should I show you all the articles and photos you have with different girls?" Oh shit, why did I say that. I sounded like a jealous girlfriend. Geez.

"I just tried to move on like everybody says but I can't Irene. I tried to find you..I begged to all those you are close to you to tell me where you are but nobody wants to say something. I understand that I said those mean things to you but it wasn't entirely my fault as well. Like you, I'm also a victim at that time. Am I not be allowed to be a human to feel hurt and anger? After that conversation, you didn't give me any chance to talk to you again. Is it fair on my side as well?"

"It's better if you'll leave now Seulgi." She said.

"Now you wanted me to leave? Is it because I was right?"

I was going to walked out but she immediately grabbed my arms and faced me to her.

"So I was right?" She said.

"It doesn't matter Seulgi cause I don't love you anymore." She loosened her grip and let go of me. Shit, the looks on her face. I was frozen on the spot while she turned her back on me and started walking away. I was gonna say something but the nurse called and said that Serene is awake and she's looking for me.

Later that night when I put Serene in bed, one unknown number popped up on my screen. It usually happens cause I have a photography business and people call me randomly to ask for a quote.

"Hello. May I speak with Ms. Irene Bae?" the girl on the other line said.

"Yes speaking. What can I do for you?"

"Oh great. Look Ms.Bae, I know that you would not want to see Seulgi but can you please come here in Trinity bar?"

"And why would I go there?"

"Seulgi would not want to go home and by the looks of it, some guys are getting irritated at her and started ----. Oh shit!" Then soon I heard people screaming.

"Hello...hello...What the hell is going on there?" Shit, my heart was racing as fast as the rocket ship taking off.

"I'm sorry Ms. Bae but can you please hurry up and come here."

"And what if I said NO?"

"Aissst she was right. Your heart is as cold as ice. You know what never mind." I felt like she was about to hung it up and before she could do that...

"Wait hold on. Trinity bar right? I'm coming please take care of her."

"I'm afraid, it's too late for that. She was fighting already and I can't do anything."

"What the hell? I'm hanging up already..Call the police and I will be there soon."

"But she'll get in trouble if I call the police." What the heck? Don't tell me that she started it. Oh my freaking G, she's crazy.

"Uggh just wait for me." Shit, what is that bear doing? Ughhh why is she making it hard for us? Why don't she just move on? Oh my goodness, as soon as I walked to the trinity bar, I saw Seulgi lying on the floor while those guys just kept on kicking her.I can tell that she was totally wasted.

"Thanks God, you're here Ms. Bae."

"Where are the freaking bouncers?" I asked the girl who immediately greeted me.

"They were beaten up as well."

"What the heck?" Soon I heard the guy said.

"Serves you right bitch. You're lucky I'm keeping you alive tonight." Then he kicked her again. Oh no, that last kick could break her organs.

I closed my fist and was gonna run to Seulgi but the other girl, hold my arm and shaked her head.

"Don't Ms. Bae. You're gonna be caught in the middle. I should have stopped her from going here earlier." As soon as those asshole left, I immediately ran to Seulgi and help her stand up.

"Shit, Seulgi are you okay?" I said as I carressed her face. God, there's so much blood on her face.

She looked at me with tears forming in her eyes and said. "Baechu, do you mean it when you say that you don't love me anymore?"

"I ----- I ......" I wasn't able to answer her question cause she passed out. I cried as I hugged her. "I'm sorry Seul. I didn't mean it but I'm so confused right now."