It's Time

Seulgi's POV

I woke up with the IV fluids connected on my arms, ughhh how did I ended up in this hospital? I closed my eyes again and remembered...

"It's better if you'll leave now Seulgi." She said.

"Now you wanted me to leave? Is it because I was right?" I replied.

She was going to walk out but I immediately grabbed her arms and faced her to me.

"So I was right?" I insisted.

"It doesn't matter Seulgi cause I don't love you anymore." She said with her straight face. Hearing those words straight from her makes me want to die already. Imagine seeing her after eight long years and she'll say that she don't love me anymore. I loosened my grip and let go of her. I felt defeated and hopeless. All I can do is to walk away from her.

"Oh my gosh, I didn't mean to listen but you guys are just in front of me. Are you okay?", the girl that helped me drive to the hospital said.

"Oh I'm sorry. I totally forget about you. Do I look okay to you?" She looked at me and shaked her head.

"No, you're totally not. So I'm guessing you and Ms. Bae have a very deep past."

"You know Irene?"

"Well, she's one of the most famous photographer here so yeah I know her. Besides she's so popular here cause of her beauty. Too bad that she never lets anyone close to her, I guess I know why now."

"Yah, what do you mean by that?"

She chuckled. "Nothing. By the way I'm Chaeyeon and you are?" Omoo, I forget to introduce myself to her.

"I'm Seulgi Kang." I offered my hand, she accepted it then we shaked hands.

"Hmmm your name is a little bit familiar but I just don't know where I heard about it. But anyways, do you want to hang out more? I'm kind of worried that you'll let yourself drown on the sea after what happened."

"Hmm no thanks." I said.

"Alright then.. just take care Ms. Kang." She was about to leave when I said.

"Wait Chaeyeon, you know what maybe you can accompany me. I wanted to drink and forget."

"I don't know if that's a good idea." She said but then she still accompany me.

I was on my I think 20th bottle of rum when Chaeyeon ask me if we can leave. I just shaked my head and said "No." After that one lady came and talked to me.

"You know what Ms., I think it's better if you go home now."

"And who the hell are you to tell me that? I said.

"You're completely drunk and you're --" I cut her off as I pushed her away.

"Seulgi, that's too much." Chaeyeon said.

Then a big guy came.

"Yah bitch, she's just being nice to you." Then the lady try to push him away from me.While chaeyeon took her phone and started calling someone.

"Well mind your own business asshole." As soon as I said that he punched me and because of that I punched back.

Soon some guys came in too. I think the guy that I punched is their leader. Shit. But I don't care anymore. Maybe physical pain will cover the hurt I'm feeling inside right now. The bouncers tried to help me but we are clearly outnumbered.

"Serves you right bitch. You're lucky I'm keeping you alive tonight." Then the guy kicked me hard again. I felt like I broke some of my bones. Ughh

And soon I saw Irene helping me to stand up.

"Shit, Seulgi are you okay?" She carressed my face full of worries like the old Irene I know.

I  looked at her with tears forming in my eyes and said. "Baechu, do you mean it when you say that you don't love me anymore?"

"I ----- I ......" I didn't hear her last words cause everything went black afterwards.

I just can't believe it happened. I totally lose myself. My tears started flowing from my eyes. This isn't me? What happened to me? I became the worst version of myself. Shit. I'm so disappointed at myself.

Soon someone came in and when I opened my eyes, it's Irene. If only I can disappear now.

She immediately sit next to me and looking at her eyes, I knew that she cried. What have I done? Is this all I can give to her? Just tears? Pathetic Kang.

As soon as she open her mouth, her tears started flowing again. "What happened to you Seul? Did you become like this because of me?"

I can hear how sincere her words were. "I'm sorry Seul. If only I had given you a chance to ...."

I cut her off. "No, Irene. It's not your fault. I choose to be like this. It's my fault for not being strong enough to handle everything. You can't blame yourself. I totally understand why you hated me." There's a seconds of silence before she speaks again.

"I'm sorry Seul but right now I can't be the person to fix you cause even me I'm broken myself and besides everything is not about me anymore, I have Serene." she said.

The things that happened to me last night made me realize of how bad I become and there's no way that I will dragged Irene and her daughter in this kind of life.

"You don't have to worry about me anymore Irene. It maybe a little bit too late but I've realized so many things today. It's time..."

"Time?" she asked confusedly.

"Time to let go of you, to turn back from the past and start walking forward. Loving you for the past eight years made me forget how to love the greatest person and that's myself. I know that it's not gonna be easy because I long forgotten how to love myself but I'll figure it out."

She smiled at me, omooo how I missed that smile. "I'm so glad to hear that Seulgi. I just hope that you'll find the healing and self love that you need and I'll do the same way with me. Forgiving, forgetting and moving forward wholeheartedly."

She stood up and hugged me. "Thank you so much for everything Seulgi. (She's sobbing)  I'm forgiving you and I hope you'll forgive me too for holding out my anger for so long."

I hugged her back. "Thank you for everything and for forgiving me as well. I'm sorry again for all the pain that I've caused ---"

She shaked her head. "It's not all pain Seul. We have lots of happy memories as well."

As soon as she said that all the memories that we've shared when we first started came back flashing. From the time that we worked together to shoot our movie scenes..to pretending we are dating....to me losing my memory..from being official girlfriend and for winning the fight with that crazy ex-gf of hers ...from our promise to each other that we will stay together forever..... It's hard but I don't have any choice right now but to let go of everything. The only road for me is just to move forward.

I tried my best to give her my best smile like always. "Right... Anyways Serene is a very nice kid. As I have always imagined, you're a very good mother."

"Thanks Seulgi." She walked through the door and when she was about to open it, Icalled her.

"Irene." She turned her head and look at me. "Till Next Time." I said.

Her face looks like she wasn't expecting that but then she smiled immediately. "Right. Till Next Time Seul."