A Promise to Serene

Seulgi's POV

As soon as I entered the church, I already knew that the girl facing backwards talking to like the staffs was Irene. I was so freaking nervous as I was walking towards her when I saw Serene giving her prettiest smile to me and running towards me. I can't help but smile as I watched how excited she was in seeing me. I immediately kneeled down and hugged her back as she hugged me.

"How are you Serene?" I asked her.

"I'm good mommy Seulgi. How's your flight?" Oh my god, I felt like crying right now. Hearing her calling me mommy in the phone was nothing compared to hearing it personally. I know that I don't deserve to be called mommy by her considering the fact of what I said in the past but I swear I'll do anything and everything just to protect her. Soon I noticed Irene's "what the heck" face and then she grabbed Wendy and Joy. I remembered that she don't know anything about me and Serene. I felt so bad right now. I don't want her to feel that I bypassed her but I just can't stomach Serene being upset whenever I tried to tell her that I can't talk to her.

"It was okay. It was tiring but it's worth it because I can finally meet you again personally."

"I'm really really happy to see you mommy Seulgi. I just wish that you'll stay here forever." I really wanted to stay with her and Irene forever but I don't know if it's still possible at this moment.

Serene and I continued talking when I saw Wendy's upset face. Irene was probably not happy about me and Serene which is totally understandle. I quickly walked towards them but Irene was about to walk out so we almost bumped into each other. I was taken aback of how close our body and faces were. I immediately stepped back and she said "I'm sorry."

"Mama Irene, why is your face so  red?" Serene said. O_O Opps is she blushing too?

"Mama I hope you're not angry? I like talking to mommy Seulgi, that's why we keep it to you." Aww she's the sweetest angel then she holds my hand and Irene stared at it. I was right she was upset about this whole thing. 

I told Serene to practice walking first and then she immediately followed. Then I turned to Irene and said "I'm sorry Irene if we keep it to you. I really don't want to get involve with her but then Serene gets upset everytime we tell her that we can't talk.And then I get started to get really attached to her. Please don't be mad at Joy and Wendy. If you want I can just leave now but don't back out on Wendy's wedding. Wendy really wants you to be there at least Joy is fine not seeing me." I honestly wanted to attend Wendy and Joy's wedding but if Irene will back out because of what Wendy did, I won't let that happen.

Joy was going to say something but then I held her arm. I know for the fact that she wanted to see me there but if this is the only way for Irene not to back out then be it.

"No, don't worry. There's no problem. Yeah, I'm a little bit upset but I'll let it pass for now. Since Serene really likes you I guess there's nothing I can do." she said. I'm really surprised and then Joy and Wendy started whispering at each other.

I smiled to her. "So, we're good then?"

She nodded but I can clearly see in her face that she's still not okay with it. Maybe she was just doing it for Serene so I just go with the flow. "Cool, then I'll go back and play with Serene more."

It was like 4 pm when we finished the rehearsal. Serene was almost with me during the day and I caught Irene staring at us from time to time worriedly. I also noticed that Wendy talked to her, I wonder what did they talked about. Everyone was saying goodbye at each other when Serene said.

"Mommy Seulgi, can't you just stay in our house?" She said while pouting her lips. Aigooo she's so cute. Irene used to pout her lips all the time if she wanted something from me too. She definitely got it from her.

"I'm sorry Serene but mommy Seulgi has to stay in the hotel."

"But you said you'll gonna teach me how to draw."

"Yes, I will but not today. But I will surely teach you after the wedding, that's a promise!" I was gonna do a pinky swear but Irene just said.

"Seulgi, don't make any promises to her if you won't be able to fullfill it."

Wendy and Joy: (⊙⊙) (~_~;)

Me: (._. )

Serene: ( .•˘_˘• . )

"Yah Mama Irene, you're so mean." Serene said.

"I mean considering your schedule, how can you able to give her time?" She defended.

"I still have time after the wedding cause I actually asked for a time off enough to spend time with Serene but of course if that's okay with you."

Serene on the other hand do the pinky swear and said "Hurry up Mama Seulgi. Sorry if Mama Irene interrupted you." I then do the pinky swear with her.

"So now a promise is a promise mommy Seulgi. You better do it or I'll cry and cry and cry until my tears reaches you."

Everyone's face was like : (゜Д゜)

"Ommo Seulgi, you better keep your promise to our baby Serene." Wendy chuckled.

"I'll kill you Seulgi if you don't keep your promise." Joy added and then everyone gave her a deadly glare.

"Auntie Joy that's a bad word." Serene said and Joy was like 。(*^▽^*)ゞ.

"I'm sorry Serene. I mean I'll kiss Seulgi." I shaked my head. I can't with Joy.

"Eww that's gross. Why would you kiss my mommy Seulgi, you already have auntie Wendy. Maybe Mama Irene can kiss mommy Seulgi."

Wendy and Joy was trying their best to hold their laughter while me and Irene were like a tomatoes.

"Yah Serene, where are you learning those from?" Irene said.

Then Serene gave her killer smirked and pointed at Joy. And Joy was like "what the heck" is this kid saying. And soon everyone were laughing. Gosh I missed those days when the fours of us will hang out like these and will just laughed hysterically. Wow, it's really been a long time. Soon everybody leaves.

Wendy and Joy's wedding reception...

While we're in the wedding ceremony earlier, I can't help but be somehow envious of Wendy and Joy. I mean I'm happy for them but I can't help but be bitter at some point. Before all that shit happens to me and Irene, I was already preparing my wedding proposal for her but I guess it wasn't really meant to be or maybe we're not really meant to be. Maybe I just need to be happy being around her and Serene. I was busy thinking of that when I realized that I was already holding one of the bouquet of flowers from the newly wed. What the heck, how did that even happened?

Everybody was like screaming and shouting for me to walk in front and so I did. Wendy and Joy were giving their naughty smile at me as I walked in front and soon I realized why. Because Irene got the other bouquet too. Shit, isn't it that whoever catches the bouquet of flowers have to kiss too like the newly wed? Oh my fucking heart, please help me.