1

It was a pretty busy day at Merlotte's, located in Bon Temps, Louisiana. Many folks go to the restaurant and bar to eat, drink and relax their lives away. However, Bon Temps has nosy-ass people who like to talk under their breath or talk about almost anything that happens around here. Wynter is one of the waitresses in the establishment that Sam Merlotte, the owner, happens to like quite a bit. She's beautiful with long black hair and green eyes, intelligent and open-minded. Sookie Stackhouse, a blonde girl who is one of her coworkers and friends, helps around if need be. She is also a telepath who can read people's minds. Wynter still couldn't quite understand how or why she could do those things. Arlene Fowler is another waitress who's a red-headed girl with a strong southern accent. Wynter always found her irritating because she always complains about her children and the men she was with at any given time. Tara Thorton, an African American young female, is one of those girls that are bitchy to customers because her attitude didn't tolerate idiots as her customers.

I couldn't agree more; they are idiots.

She scattered around the tables, taking her customers' orders, when Sookie's brother, Jason, yanked on her shirt to pull her onto his lap. He was hanging out with Hoyt Fortenberry and Rene Lenier.

"How is my fine girl doing?" Jason ran his fingers up and down her back, sending shivers down her spine. Jason is a handsome guy, and all the ladies love him because of his charms and charisma. As well as his insatiable desire, at least that's what most of the other ladies spoke of.

"I am not your girl. This is the last time I'm telling you this, Jason. In your dreams. You can have any other woman, but not me." She tried to pull herself up from his lap, but he held her back down to him playfully as he started to kiss her neck. Once Sam's attention caught what Jason was doing, he slammed his hand to get their attention, "Jason, knock it off! Especially not in my bar, got it?" Jason released her, allowing Wynter to get off his lap; walking away, she mouthed to Sam, "Thank you." He nodded and went back to work. Hoyt and Rene laughed while Jason shook his head.

"Damn. She is hard to get, that one." Jason turned back to the table and glanced at Wynter, who was currently waiting at her tables. "She's real pretty, though. I don't have the guts to talk or even look at her. I am afraid she might decline me." Hoyt took a sip of his beer as Rene tapped on Jason's arm, offering him his womanly advice. "Don't worry, bro, you can find someone that is like her."

Sookie approached their table as her face seemed to hold an annoyed expression, "What was that, Jason? Don't you know that Sam dislikes when you flirt with her like that? Especially when she's on duty."

"Can't help it." He retorted while refusing to look at her and instead sip his beer casually. Sookie walked away, rolling her eyes, and approached Wynter to ask if she was okay.
It was now nightfall, and the restaurant started to become more crowded since, at night, people liked to drink and hang out. Wynter, Sookie, and Arlene were scurrying around the restaurant to tend to cranky customers who whined and complained about their food and hungry little brats. This was a tiresome job, especially come nightfall. A sudden chill crawled down her spine, a different presence approaching as she turned her head with her notepad in her hand. She saw a mysterious man walk in. People seemed to freeze in fear as if death were approaching. Could it be death? One of the females who was behind Wynter claimed it was a vampire. His features consisted of a dark and handsome but old-fashioned gentleman. Sookie seemed to be fascinated by the male "vampire." Wynter bit her lip, tapping her pen against the pad as she wasn't sure if she was supposed to go there or not. Sookie, however, approached him instead. Sam tried to stop her, but he just looked at Wynter, making sure she wasn't going near him.

"What would you like?" Sookie took out her pen and pad as she held a normally friendly and welcoming face. "Do you have... True Blood?" The male looked up at Sookie with hunger evident in his eyes; however, they seemed very calm and subtle. "No, we don't have anymore. I'm afraid my boss has stopped ordering them because no vampires ever came here before. You are our first."