Together

I hate it. I love it.

He wont stop. He won't accept it.

Is it bad that I want to find a way out? Yes. Just relax with me.

Go away! I can't.

Please stop....go away... I can't possibly leave you alone.

You aren't real. Yes I am.

You're in my head. I am sitting right across from you.

No! You aren't real! Oh, but You're staring right at me.

Dr. Conaway says you aren't real. A voice In my head is all. He annoys me. He's getting too close to you.

I'm in this hospital because of you. No. You're here because you wont accept me.

You tried to make me hurt my brother....He was hurting you! Hitting you! Touching you! Touching us!

He...He just needs help too. He needs a knife to the throat. And he would have that if you just did as I said.

No. I'm gonna ask for more medicine. It won't help.

Go away! Fine. I will.

What?

Hey?

Hello?

....Wait....Don't leave me....It's too quiet....you've never left me before...

+

+

+

I know it's been a few weeks....but please talk to me. I'm sorry I got angry. Dr. Conaway is being weird. What should I do? They won't let me out. I can't change doctors. I want to go home. Remember when we used to talk in the mirrors? Heh...That was fun. Big brother would tease us cause it looked weird but I knew you were with me. I don't like being alone.

It's so quiet. Please say something...

Anyway they had chicken soup for lunch today. I know how much you love those. I hate them but I ate it for you.

I know I started pushing you away but you did a bad thing....I almost killed big brother because of you. I don't want to hurt anyone. That was our first fight...You can't be that upset at me. Just say something....

Anything....

+

+

+

Dr. Conaway touched my leg today. It made me think of big brother.

That's how it starts isn't? Light touches.

I hate it. I asked him not to touch me and he wont listen. Light knee pats. Soft thigh squeezes.

He keeps getting closer and closer. I don't feel safe. No one will listen to me.

I won't let it happen again. You tried to protect us before and I stopped you. But this time I'll protect us. I'll do it. I swear when he gets close enough I'll stop him forever.

+

+

+

I did it...Its so messy. Its so red.

But it felt amazing. I stopped him. I did it!

I did it...Will you speak to me now? Do you forgive me? The guards are coming and I'm trapped. I won't ever leave this place. I'll be here forever now. It's scary how loud everyone is yelling.

Where do you think they're dragging me? Their grips hurt.

Oh no....the dark room! I hate the dark room! I can't! I can't go in there!

Not alone!

Never alone! You aren't alone.

Y-You came back....I never left.

I'm so sorry....so sorry. I'm so proud of you. Will you listen to what I say now?

Yes! I swear always now. Just don't ever leave again. I wont. Never again. Now calm down...we have a lot of work to do before we can get out.

I love you. I love you.

Forever. Forever.

End