Smile

I am one of those sad stories you hear on the news. That little boy that was snatched in broad daylight coming home from school when I was younger. Its been years now and I've grown.

Of course my taker kept me malnourished and weak. But that doesn't stop me from being all I can be. If I smile I'll be great! Just watch me!

Glancing across the room at the male that was crying I sighed softly. He's been here 2 days and wouldn't stop crying. Standing up I ignored the sound of my chain around my ankle sliding across the floor when I walked.

The guy looked up quickly when he heard me coming. He tried to crawl backwards from me yet his cuffs stopped him.

I pointed at him quickly once my chain let me go as far as I could. "If you keep crying you won't be able to smile. So can you stop?"

He watched me with wide eyes in silence. I smiled at him as the tears stopped. A bright light entered the basement as our taker opened the door. I started clapping quickly knowing it was lunch time. The guy cuffed started screaming and begging.

I turned back towards him quickly. "Oh no...shhh..shhhhh no no...he doesn't like that please stop." I tried to help him but he wouldn't be quiet.

I was shoved aside and stumbled back from him. I held my hands behind me and puffed my cheeks as I watched my taker start to beat the new man unconscious. When he was done he looked at me.

I turned my head away stubbornly. He sighed and walked over to me to rub my cheek lightly. "I'm sorry for pushing you. Hungry?"

I glanced up at him before giving in and smiling with a nod. He smiled at me and bent down to unlock the chain around my leg. Once the heavy weight was gone I watched him stand up and start his way up the stairs. I quickly followed after and smiled at the sound of rain.

"It's raining!" I cheered and headed to the back door.

My hair was grabbed tightly and tugged harshly before I was slammed against a wall. My taker stood before me glaring down at me. "The rules Dean?"

I pushed down the pain and gave a bright smile back at his glare. "No going outside when we have a guest over! Sorry I forgot."

He watched me before nodding and patting my head. Giggling at my silly mistake I moved around him and towards the kitchen. It smelled good here. I sat down on my knees on the floor and wiggled in my spot. It wasn't long before my dog bowl was set down in front of me.

Quickly I leaned down and started eating. I loved chicken and rice days! They were so good.

I licked my lips once I was done and stood up. I washed my bowl and set it on the counter before skipping towards the living room. My taker was sitting on the couch, a blade in his grip.

When he saw me he patted the spot beside him and I quickly moved to sit there. I hardly ever sit on the couch he must be happy today! I looked at him with a bright smile and he chuckled softly at me.

He lifted a hand to scratched at my chin. I leaned into it and closed my eyes. Pain hit my shoulder and I quickly looked over and saw my shoulder was cut deeply. I looked at the knife in my takers hand, it was dirty with blood now. I looked at him slightly surprised. His hand pushed at my throat as he sat forward, pushing me off the couch.

I cried out softly as I hit the floor hard. Forcing myself up quickly I backed away and hid behind the wall of the couch out of his sight. I must have gotten too comfortable. It's all my fault. Stupid Dean. Stupid.

"Dean..." I perked up at the sound of my name and peeked around the couch at him.

He was smiling again. He set the blade to the side and stood up. I quickly bent down to the floor, covering my head trembling. It's oki. I just have to smile. Smiling helps.

My smile grew over my face as my arms were grabbed to roughly pulled me up to my feet. He slapped my face and pushed me into the coffee table harshly. He started kicking me before dragging me to the kitchen. I kept smiling as I tried to stay still and not anger him further. Pain washed over me as hot water was poured on my back. I screamed and jerked away from him.

I ran though the house in pain until I reached the basement door. Hurrying down the steps I moved back to my corner. My back and shoulder stung with each moment as I rocked back and forth. I stared at the wall ahead of me as the basement door was slammed closed.

"What...what the hell is wrong with you!!" The sudden voice of the man across from me caused me to look at him. "Why do you keep fucking smiling like that?!"

I stared at him from my corner, smiling. He started screaming more. He only got louder and louder.

He should smile too. Our taker is the best.

I can't wait for dinner time!

End