Them

It was loud and crowded in the cafeteria today. I hate it. Glazing over to my left I looked at Pam sitting beside me and smile at her. She was my best friend and knew what my smile meant. Before she could shoot me down I hurried to stand up and make my way across the cafeteria. 

"Eric! Ugghh!" I knew she was getting up to follow me. 

I held back a laugh before hurrying down a few tables over and sitting down quickly between them. Them being Marcus and Jay, the silent twins of this high school. I get between them at least once a week at lunch. They have a whole table to themselves and no one has ever heard them speak. I think they are mutes. After sitting between them the second time they stopped looking at me like I was crazy. 

I usually talk their ears off and they let me. Seeing they weren't going to stop us Pam sat down across from us slowly. She always avoided their eyes while she ate. 

The twins were identical. They were both the same 6'4 height. Brown curly hair and bright silver eyes. Even the teachers get them mixed up. Best way to remember who is who is their clothing choices. Marcus likes plain sweaters, Jay liked graphic shirts. They always wore similar jeans. 

"So Marcus today I was thinking I should cheat in math. There is this test today I don't think I can pass. So I should cheat right? Stay silent if you think so." I watched him closely and he only glanced at me before looking back down at his food. 

I cheered in my spot, throwing my hands up. Pam huffed at my childish actions before she watched me accidently punch Jay in the cheek. I quickly pulled my hands back as he groaned. "I'm so sorry!" 

In my panicked state of watching him rub his cheek, I noticed Marcus was rubbing his own cheek. I turned to him quickly. "Did I hit you too? I'm so sorry guys!" I don't think I hit Marcus but I could've. I'm a klutz. 

The twins both looked at me before they stood up from the table. They turned to walk together and leave and I felt awful. I looked over at Pam and she was giving me that strict motherly look she should NOT know how to do. "Go apologize right or they'll keep avoiding you now." 

I knew even trying to reason with her was out. I huffed at her before standing up and throwing my food out. "Fine...but not cause you told me so."

She smirked as she kept eating. "Sure. And be fast we have class in about 10 minutes." 

I nodded at her before hurrying out of the cafeteria. I spotted the twins turning a corner before rushing after them. They walked faster than my 5'1 self does. When I reached them I was nearly panting. The sound of me dying caught their attention and they turned to look at me. 

I quickly got it together before clearing my throat. "I am really really really sorry for hitting you guys. I didn't mean to. I know I'm annoying but I'm not a bully. It was a honest accident."

They bother watched me. Their silver eyes gazing at me for a long time before Marcus slowly reached out for me. I was confused as I was pulled between them and he held me there. I looked up at them both and they were staring at each other.  

Were they having some secret twin talk? With me in the middle? Awkward....

I stayed quiet while they started at each other before I heard the bell go off. I perked up as I moved to get away and head to class. "I really have to-" I winced as Marcus tightened his hold on my arms and kept me in place. 

Looking between them both again I saw they were both looking at me now. In a flash we were moving down the hall. Me being dragged with them and them looking to be rushing someplace. It was in the opposite way of my class. I tried to get their attention but they ignored me. I tried to pull away but Marcus was creepy strong. What was worse is that even as they halls started to flood with people no one helped me. I called out for anyone, and everyone but not even the teachers seem like they saw me passing them.