slowly, he got better

about being comfortable with shōyō. they held hands and ruffled hair and poked and pulled at each other, touchy as can be; tobio even carried shōyō around on his back sometimes, but only when the boy got tired, which wasn't often.

and after three weeks of being together, tobio grew restless.

school had started up again, and now the two were together at karasuno. they joined the volleyball club- with a few angry-captain-complications, though. they had made friends with their teammates, except for the other two first years, kei tsukishima and tadashi yamaguchi.

•••

tobio watched shōyō jump and jump and jump around the court as he took a break from practice on the side of the gym, and he smiled to himself.

"get your head outta the clouds, kageyama," sugawara, tobio's favorite third year, sneered jokingly.

"very funny."

"so, how long have you guys been together?"

"a month," tobio grinned, clenching his fists proudly.

"awh," suga scrunched his nose, "that's so cute!"

"yeah. hey, aren't you dating the captain?"

"i- uh, yeah," suga blushed, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"can i ask you a question?"

suga cocked his head to the side in interest and replied, "sure."

"when did you guys...um, like- well, when did you kiss?"

"tobi-o! you scandalous boy!"

"i-"

"you haven't kissed him yet?"

"no!" tobio spat, feeling himself get flustered under the teasing.

"you're nervous, aren't you?"

tobio stared at his shoes.

"just do it. it'll be over in a second, and you won't ever regret doing it. you don't need to know how. you just learn."

tobio looked up, his eyes hopeful, "really?"

"mhm. you trust me, don't you?"

tobio nodded and smiled thankfully, and he turned his head to see shōyō smile and wave at him from across the gym.

god, do i love him.

he waved back.