he finally found happiness.

summer had arrived, and the two of them now spent every day in the pet shop, taking their breaks at the same time to dash down to the park and throw a volleyball around. the summer sun watched over them, warming their skin and smiling over their growing love.

shōyō now had possession of half of tobio's wardrobe, and tobio now possessed multiple string bracelets made on the nights that shōyō couldn't sleep. tobio just believed those nights were restless, but shōyō will wait a while to tell him that he couldn't sleep because he was thinking about that boy.

the store was slow as ever. they found ways to fill the time, whether it be playing with the kittens or cleaning up the dust (or making out behind the counter.)

tobio found himself coming full circle.
last summer he was left lonely, wishing he had someone like shōyō- someone who loved him. someone who he could protect.

and stumbling right into his arms like a stray tabby cat, shōyō arrived.

tobio owed everything to that little pet shop on the corner of their rural town in the middle of nowhere.

in that pet shop, he found his life.

and there's nothing in the entire world he'd trade his life of smiley orange for.

absolutely nothing.