Chapter 18

I pouted my lips looking at him as a crying baby while he smirked inwardly. "I can't sleep here." I slummed on the chair where I fell asleep and glared at the book like it committed one of the best sins ever.

Well... I wouldn't have fallen asleep if the book hadn't that hell kinda bore, for that, we could save some time, maybe two or three but now everything flied out of our hand.

"Why?" He asked picking the book that I dropped on the floor unconsciously. "You know what? one day I slept on the basement and another day I spent my night on that Bungalow and today? I can't even imagine my night in this scary library." I blabbered like a baby.

"But today you have me. You don't need to afraid of that." Even though his words felt sweet to my ears I can't digest the fact that I was left alone with him in this library. But he is not harmful anymore, does he?

sighing heavily I agreed to spend the night in this scary place. "Like you have other options." He ruffled my hair playfully. What was behind his playfulness? "He is annoying."

"Am I?" He shot me a playful glare. Opps! he heard that. I faked a yawn to let go off the awkwardness between us. "So where are we going to sleep?" I asked eyeing the place which was too dust to even consider as a place. "You can sleep here. I will sleep downstairs." He said casually.

"Sound good. wait.. what?" My eyes must have come out of its socket. "I'm not going to sleep lonely knowing the bloody Heil is wandering around the building and get me whenever it wants." I literally shrieked.

"I thought you are not comfortable with sleep with me." He said innocently.

"Who said? I'm glad to sleep with you." I answered without thinking. He smirked evilly and said, "Is that so?" Then I realized what had slipped out of my mouth and I covered my face feeling ashamed of myself, besides all the while I can hear his hilarious laugh.

"You!!" I lunged forwards him but that idiot ran like an ostrich. But being a girl Usain Bolt I caught his arms right before he slipped away from my sight but luck is not my side when my legs pinned to each other and we both fell on the floor, me on top of him while our lips were brushing each other's cheeks lightly that brought electricity to my whole body as my entire body is in heat and he is the only water I have to quench my thirsty.

We held a long yet painful stare before we both leaned on and captured our hungry lips. It's all happened suddenly as some force pushed me inside and ordered me to kiss him but I didn't regret, cause the moment felt like I had gone to heaven but I don't think even heaven would be this much fantasy.

I clutched his shirt collar with both hands where he set his one hand in the back of my nap and one hand was snaked around my waist placing me on top of him.

I gasped when his hand went inside my shirt and roamed around my belly button. He took this as his good opportunity to plunge his hot tongue inside my mouth that made me forget my surroundings. We both fight for dominant but he won at the end.

"Hmm.. you taste strawberry." He moaned between the kisses. Needless to say, he tastes like divine that made my knees go jelly but thank God! I'm already lying on top of him, If I were stood while we made this mini making I would have dropped on the floor the moment he snaked his hot hands around my cold waist. 

After devouring each other's mouth like a hungry wolf we both pulled apart to get oxygen for our throbbing lungs. "Huhh!" I panted out of breath and looked down at his face to see he is staring at me proudly like I'm his precious gem.

He then wiped his swollen lips before flashing me a shy smile; his ears were red like a tomato. I think it was his first kiss, the hesitance in his movements is saying that.

---

Time rolled and midnight occupied the whole area. I laid beside him clutching his one arm fearing what if he would fade out of my sight when I fell asleep. "Sleep. I will be here." He said looking at my face, his eyes shone throughout the torchlight from our cell phone.

"You promise?" I asked, my eyelids almost closed.

"Promise." Was the last word I heard before I fell into darkness. After a while, myself pulled into the warm chest that brought a familiar sensation in me as I was back in my room and drifted into the usual dream I have every night.

"Good night." A dark voice whispered followed by a lingering kiss on my forehead.

Too weak to reply I mumbled something in my sleep and snuggled more deeply into his chest, even air can't enter between us. I don't know whatever I'm doing is correct or not but the fresh wooden smell made me feel like he is my everything as a cure to my loneliness.

---

A few seconds ago I was shivering as someone poured me a bucket of cold water through my head and in a slight second my body began to warm as the sun shone right in front of my head and I was right the sun raised already.

I looked down at my chest to see a possessive arm wrapped around me that brought a shy smile on my face. I wish I would wake up like this every morning. A deep blush appeared on my face when I recalled our make-out session.

He is sleeping like a baby, his mouth partially opened that added cute to his evilly handsome face. I brushed the strand of hair from his face but which stubbornly fell down once again. Groaning inwardly I brushed the hair once again but he opened his eyes revealing the pair of his beautiful pitch-black eyes.

"G-Good morning?!" I whispered, my voice barely audible embarrassed of caught by himself.

"Good morning, Reil." I shivered the way my name rolled under his tongue which felt so good that I wanted to pull his collar and kiss his pink lips until it swells once again.

"Hope you are not thinking whatever my mind says." He flashed me a grin showing his perfect white teeth.

"What?" I asked innocently masking my face as much as fairly while my inside was burning like a boiling water need to take care. Take care of by whom? Of course by him. Arghh!! When did I start to act like a horny teenager? Focus Reil!! I scolded.

"Nothing." He shook his head back and forth before glancing his wristwatch. "Shall we move?" He asked then his gaze fell on my legs. I realized we were in the awkward position as my legs were pinned around his torso while his hands were on my chest. 

"Sure." I said as much as calmly not wanting to burst out in front of him. He helped me to stand up and walked beside me until we reached our respective vehicles. Thank God! He didn't mention yesterday's incidents!!

He started his and I started mine with that we drove to the centre because my bag was still in my cabin and I need the key to unlock my door.

As we near the centre I smelled something really painful smell like a rotten dead body that almost hurt my nostrils as hell. I looked at him to see he has the same expression on his face and his lips twisted like he tasted something ungrateful and wanted to throw up.

We both hurried towards the place where the smell got heavy inch by inch and spotted our colleagues were circling something in front of us. Needless to say, they were covering their nose by their hand and wore the same distasteful expression on their face as ours.

"What was that?" I asked Emien but she didn't utter any words, the color in her face drained out already. Inhaling deeply I decided to see from where the horrible smell is erupting, but Blake stopped me saying he would take a look first.

I stepped aside enough to give him a space to enter between the crowd and waited patiently for his come back. In a short period, he came but something does not sit well in his face.

I nudged his shoulders to gain his attention. "It was Dr. Volts." he whispered his eyes focused something afar from the crowd.

"It seems he died approximately two hours ago." The person who is wearing a white coat and stethoscope said not giving enough time to digest the matter that I had heard from Blake.

"Heil must have done this." Blake said as a matter of fact and I found myself nod my head. Yeah! who else has a personal rivalry with Dr. Volts?

"And I saw him." We all looked at the source of the voice and my mouth hung opened.

There stood Emien with the shivering body. Before I could ask what she had seen, she fainted in Rakesh's arms. He and the few of my colleagues took her inside the centre while some stayed with us.

"The nurses were awake." The person who seemed familiar to my eyes informed to Blake and the doctor. Yes, I saw him yesterday in the small house when we visited Dr. Volts.

"I will come with you." I said stubbornly while they took a step ahead from me, completely ignoring my existence.

"No." Blake said no room for argument. "I will take you later. Now be with your friend. She needs you." He is right, Emiem needs me more than anyone. Other things can wait.

"Okay, then." I said weakly. Giving me a small nod he, the man and the doctor climbed on the small truck. I stood there until the truck faded out of my sight and made my way towards the research centre.

She might get nightmares from today onwards. God! Please give her some strength.

*

*Don't forget to vote & comments*