Chapter 40

21/06/2020

"Miem---" I shuttered looking between them not knowing whether I should run to their arm to tell the cruel truth about Blake, nor show my casualty just to save them from the hunting monster who was standing beside me having a sinister smirk on his face.

"Ehooho--" Emiem eyed the floor suspiciously before turns her attention towards me, her eyebrows shot me a questioning look where in the corner of my eyes I saw Rakesh was nodding his head looking at Blake and when he caught me staring at him, he shot me a forceful smile then patted Emiem's shoulders before whispering something naughty to her, cause when he finished his whisper, my friend giggled like a high school teenager not bothering to ask why there was shattered food on the floor.

"Congrats my baby girl." Out of the blue, she crushed me in her tight arms that made me flinch visibly, but first and foremost, how the hell did she know the news? No wonder he could have told them when I was sleeping like an elephant in his bed, not aware of the bloody situation.

"I'm happy for you." Rakesh greeted me and took my hand for a polite handshake but, there, I felt something strange, as the first time I felt his hand was shaking and when I looked at him, he refused to meet my stare.

What for that?

"Hey! Buddy. I wanna talk to you." Rakesh turned to Blake before forcefully drag his way to our room without hearing Blake's response. When did the shaking Rakesh acts like bold as ever?

"Be careful with your words. Trust me he will go to the edge of the mountain if it means to keep you with us." He kissed my earlobe before storming into our rooms leaving me and Emiem alone in the living hall.

"Girl, I'm so excited." She jumped like she was the one who is pregnant here. “If it’s a girl baby, of course, it would reflect yourself or--- if it’s a boy baby, it would take your husband’s features.” She grinned widely.

Of course, it’s going to take his dad’s full monster side.

"Emi--" I gulped down afraid of my own voice. If I slip, he would kill her no matter what.

"Now sit here. I will cook your favourite Chicken Biriyani." She made me sit on the couch and ran like a penguin towards our kitchen all the while yelling that she would love to hear more details, but at the same time, the baby would be starving like a hungry panda so she wanted to feed the baby first.

I sat there with dumb folded. I have my favourite peoples around me, yet, I feel lonely.

"Reil?" A shadow hovered over me and when I looked up, I saw Rakesh standing in front of me, somehow, I didn't find Blake with him that somewhat eased my pain for unknown reasons. Maybe It’s the best cue to tell him that his best friend Blake is the dangerous Heil.

"Ra- Rakesh." My breath quickened as I had attended the 10 km marathon. "I want to-- Blake is Heil. Please save me." My brain refused to function and I didn't realise what was just slipped out of my mouth and when I looked at him hopefully, as believing he would save me from this disaster, his next gesture broke my last chance of escaping from him.

"You know that, aren’t you?" My heart ached. He, my good friend, knew who was Heil but he shut his damn mouth all the time. He was the last person I would suspect, but again, he broke the will by faking everything. Since when did he know the damn truth?

"Of course he does." That voice caused all my hair behind my neck to stand up. "Who do you think helped me throughout this, huh?" He raised his eyebrows where I stood like a statue.

"You-- why?" Tears rolled down through my cheeks mercilessly. Instead of flashings all the sweet moments we had shared as to reminisce his betrayal, my mind froze on the midst, my vision simply turned pure white for what seemed to a mere seconds before I get my normal composure back.