Chapter 19

Happy Valentines Day💝
~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

Once I entered into the medical room where they had admitted Emiem, I saw her limb body has been lying on the white cot hooking with different machines, her skin was pale than the white moon and she was breathing heavily like he had attended the 10km marathon running.

The nurse who attended Emiem ran towards the cot and placed an oxygen mask around her nose. Slowly, her breath began to normal which made me release the heavy breath that I have been holding long for a while unconsciously since I entered.

"What happened?" I asked looking at Rakesh whose face has some unreadable emotions as he is looking at the half dying Emiem and I can able to read the agony in his eyes which held so much eager for her well being.

"I don't know." He whispered. "What the hell you don't know? Are you even with her or not?" I roared at him but when I met his eyes I regretted yelling at him. His teary eyes told me that he is caring for her.

"We spent our night in her cabin and when I woke up I didn't find her beside me so I went for searching but heard her screaming from the hallway and when I reached her she was frozen on her spot where her eyes solely on something afar but in a blink of an eye we heard the rattling sounds of hundreds of crows which were circling a particular area." He breathed deeply before continued the story.

"I dragged Emiem with me to the place and found the dead body of an old man whose body was scattered in different was as some cruel animal got his revenge on him. His every finger was cut off his palms and somewhere thrown on the yard. His eyes --" His voice croaked so I gestured him to stop cause I can guess what would have happened there.

"Do you think Emiem would saw that monster?" I asked but he shrugged his shoulders and said, "Maybe." That made me furrow my brows.

"She is into deep depression it may take time to her recovery but I can't tell when she would wake up." The nurse informed me of throwing a pitying look on my side.

"W- what do you mean?" Tears rolled down through my cheeks like a waterfall. Why her? What did she do?

"She has fallen into the short time coma, expected to wake up within a week." I nodded my head as a comprehension where my mind was screaming and yelling her to wake up fast which gave me pain to the back of my head.

"Reil-" Rakesh tried to engulf me in his hand but my body was thrown into the floor with severe force as someone pushed me from behind.

"Hey! You okay?" He grabbed my shoulders but I didn't respond to his questions. I was overwhelmed with the loss of my best friend despite it will long only a week but the grieve in my heart was the same as my dad's death.

"I'm not okay... How can you expect me to be fine when my best friend is lying on the bed, lifelessly." I cried hugging my knees.

"Sir, please fill the form." The nurse handed him an application form. He was hesitant at first but I gestured him to go ahead and he left the place along with the nurse while I was crying like a baby.

After devouring into my own grieves, I wiped my tears which was still running through my cheeks and stood up. But when I decided to give her a glance a soft voice whispered my name that made me run into his arms.

I hugged him tightly as my life depends on him and poured all my tears in his shirt. All the while he was rubbing my back up and down and heard all my waffling patiently.

"It's okay, baby. She will wake up." He tried to convince me but that didn't stop my hiccup and the waffling.

"Shhh.. don't cry. Please!! I can't see you with a teary face. Please." He begged, his voice was barely audible.

"I want to kill that damn Heil." I said furiously while wiping my face with my bare hands.

"I will help you then. Let's work together." He responded immediately.

"Thank you so much." I hugged him once again and snuggled deep into his chest but a frown took place on my forehead when I smelled blood on his shirt, I think.

"What happened?" I pulled away from his grip, my eyes solely on his chest. He then shook his head and promised me to explain later once I have my breakfast and fresh up.

"I looked back at her hesitantly cause I can't leave her alone but Rakesh came on right time and promised me to look after Emiem. The only person I can trust with Emiem is Rakesh so I left her under his care before walked out of the room with a heavy heart.

"Come with me. I will drop you." Blake offered, patting the back seat of his bullet. If it had happened any other day I would have certified as crows can turn into white but today I obliged and sat on the back seat with plain feelings.

There was a day I used to dreamt of riding his bullet but all the time the answer was 'no' which was given by none other than my mind cause I'm very well aware that he won't like the idea of anyone touching his bullet and that was proven on the other day when I went shopping with Fed.

I put all my exciting thoughts at the back of my mind and wrapped my hand around his shoulders. "We ready?" He asked before started his bullet and I gave him a small nod, too weak to use my voice.

As time went by we reached our cottage but I don't remember I have guided the way throughout the ride. "I will pick you after one hour." He said ready to leave but I grabbed him and asked him to come inside.

Without another word, he walked inside along with me. "You smell horrible. Take a good shower." I offered him to take a shower fist once we reached our room but he rejected my offer saying I was the one who needs a warm shower and he even helped me to fill the warm water in the tube.

Giving him once glance I entered into the bathroom and took a short bath though I wanted to spend more time with this warm water. But I can't behave like a heartless fellow knowing the poor man is waiting outside covering nothing but the horrible smell.

I wrapped the towel around my hair and put my undergarments before wearing my short top and black leggings. Heaving a heavy sigh I stepped out of the bathroom and faced him standing in front of my dad's photo.

"It's my dad," I said while rubbing my wet hair with the towel. "But he was no more in my life." Once again my eyes welled with tears and he was my side to wipe my face.

"Don't cry." I nodded my head and walked towards my closet then took the pair of jeans and shirts which I have planned to give Federick but kept with me couldn't able to find the proper time. So I brought the pairs with me when I came to India thinking if I get the chance I will give him but again missed that golden opportunity when he arrived here to meet me.

Placing the black Jean and yellow shirt on his hand, I asked him to take a shower which he gladly accepted.

Within this short period, I dried my hair and hurried to the kitchen to make breakfast for both me and him. "Reil, we are leaving. Take care." Chole shot me a small sad smile before they were heading to the research centre.

I prepared coffee and noodles for us and set the food on the big dining table. I saw him descending the stairs when I set the bowl and fork, so I asked him to join the breakfast.

We both ate silently until we finished and he broke the silence asking, "Is this your daily breakfast?" His voice held curiosity, at the same time small anger shone in his tone.

"Yes," I nodded my head and grabbed both our plates along with the coffee mug before put them into the sink.

"No wonder why you are skinny." I heard him say but I didn't mind at all. I'm not on the stage to care for myself. All I want is my friend's well back.

"Let's talk." I sat across him on the dining table and began the conversation about what happened to Mr. Volts. He explained everything from top to bottom as to how Heil showed up at the midnight and dragged Dr. Volts's half-dead body out of the room then how it had his revenge on him which I already get the details from Rakesh.

"He tortured him as to how much possible before taking his life. The nurse who was working in the home said Heil showed up exactly 12 O' clock and the doctor said his death was confirmed at 6." Poor man, he has suffered for almost six painful hours. I felt pity towards that man.

"The place was so messy when I had arrived. I helped them to move everything out before coming here." That explains the deadly smell on his chest.

"What about others. Are they okay?" I asked without emotions. "Yeah! They were alright except the nurse who was with Dr. Volts when Heil attacked but fortunately it didn't do any harm to her. But she was in the shock but will wake up soon." He narrated.

"Okay..." I inhaled deeply before stood up. "Where are you going?" He asked standing as well.

"I can't simply stay here. I need---" He placed his forefinger on my mouth and shushed.

"Take some rest. You badly need one." And he scooped me in his arms and made his way towards my room ignoring my protest.

He placed me on the bed before hovering over me. "Sleep well." He ordered before rolling down on my right.

"I can't," I whispered but he started to rub my hair gently that reminded me of my dad. He used to rub my head whenever I have a hard time and asked me to sleep.

By thinking about my dad, I fell asleep on his hand. He kissed my forehead before pulled the blanket on me. I thought he would leave me but I felt the bed dipped on the right side and his strong arms on my waist.

In the matter of second, I surrendered myself to the darkness even though I don't want to.

*

*Plz vote and comments*