Christmas Day

Ash's Diary:

If it weren't for the calendar, I probably wouldn't have known it was Christmas. It was always warm in Alola, but hey there were lights everywhere so it was fine. I grabbed my presents on the way out, I noticed Kukui was holding a box on my way out. "Is that Burnet's present?" I asked, to which Kukui nodded. I smiled, today was the day for him, as for me, I was heading off to Lana's where we had agreed for gift exchanges, but Kukui stopped me. "I'll give it to her at sunset on the beach." He told me, I nodded. Once we got to Lana's, I noticed that no one else was there. Or at least I thought no one else was there. "BOOO!" Mallow screamed from behind me. She got me good, and I probably should've fallen backward, but I was caught by Lillie. However, her holding me and as I looked into her eyes, my heart broke. I knew that our friendship was doomed to fail, there was something I couldn't deny, however in her eyes, I saw the exact opposite of what I felt. I could keep it a secret to try to prolong our friendship, but I doubt it will help. I know the truth, so tonight I'll just enjoy it. We all loved our gifts and I let all of my friends know about Kukui's plan to propose to Burnet, so we all had to see it. We all knew she'd say yes, and it was great to finally see them engaged, but I couldn't enjoy it. I knew the truth of where Lillie and I stood, and more than likely, it would end our friendship. 

Lillie's Diary: 

Christmas Day in Alola was always warm, though according to some people most regions had cold Christmases. Ash was late in getting to Lana's so Mallow decided to scare him, he almost fell backward, but I caught him. I'm not for sure why but I could've sworn I saw a hint of sadness in his eyes after I caught him. Anyways, We all opened our gifts, Lana got me some super repels, Kiawe got me some earplugs(to deal with his constant shouting). Mallow got me a fennekin plush, Sophocles got me an emolga plush, and Ash got me an Eevee plush. I was happy with everything I got. Later Ash told us the Mr. Kukui was planning on proposing to Professor Burnet, we all went to watch and I'm glad we did. Obviously Burnet said yes, meaning they'll get married later next year. Still, why did Ash look so upset when I caught him?