Chapter 2

Taehyung stormed to his car, his red hair complimenting his fiery mood.

He had stayed overtime to meet Jungkook to go over the marketing strategy for the upcoming product launch for that bastard to call it unpractical and to accuse him of using his body to secure the role as the Marketing Director.

Taehyung's eyes begun to water as he slouched in the car seat. He thought of the days he had worked his ass off to prove himself in the marketing industry, before finally joining Park Industries with a long list of credentials and successful campaigns to his name. That was a dark period in his life as he had woken everyday in fear that he would fail and have to return to Korea with nothing else except loneliness. He filled his life with work and had no friends except for Jimin who checked in on him from time to time.

He blinked back the tears as he mumbled to himself, "the past is long over..."

Jimin had once suggested for Taehyung to return to Korea and that he could ask his father, the CEO of Park Industries then, to give him a well-paid position. Taehyung had told Jimin pridefully that when he joins Park Industries, it would be because he is well-qualified and that no one would say he had pulled strings.

Taehyung pulled out from his memories and channelled his energy into a blazing fury. He slammed his palm onto the horn pad, "I did not come so far to be looked down by you, Jeon Jungkook."

Taehyung buckled himself in and drove off. He has more important things to do tonight.

Jungkook watched Taehyung's car leave his line of sight. He had snapped out of his daze and chased after Taehyung but he was too late.

Jungkook knew that he was nitpicking at the subjective areas. He just couldn't stop provoking Taehyung and one thing led to another and the comment slipped out. Jungkook wanted to kick himself.

Jungkook put his hands in his pockets and tilted his head back, heaving another frustrated sigh.

He asked himself why this had happened. Was Taehyung qualified? Definitely, his proposals had exceeded expectations. Let's be real, with passion like that, it wasn't hard to influence and motivate. The marketing was more than charged ever when they take on campaigns now.

Jungkook would rather have Taehyung as a colleague than most people he had worked with.

Or as a lover.

He could admit to himself that Taehyung was handsome. Jungkook notices a new feature of Taehyung every time they meet - his mole on his nose, his soft-looking locks, his slender legs... He even looks beautiful when fuming, how unfair is that?

And Jungkook found it absolutely sexy that Taehyung's campaigns are creative and how he was confident and passionate in every presentation. Jungkook knows that these marketing strategies played a large part in driving the sales of the new products.

But he knows what Taehyung is.

A homewrecker.

Jungkook was horrified that he still couldn't stop thinking about Taehyung.