Chapter 11

Hoseok was uncomfortable and he fiddled with his engagement ring.

Jimin looked nonchalant but he was secretly uncomfortable because Hoseok was uncomfortable.

V was at ease and enjoying himself very much at the dinner table.

"Tell me, what is marketing genius V doing here, instead of spearheading all your successful campaigns in America," Jimin asked as casually as he could.

"Should we all not take some time to reconnect with ourselves?"

V's eyes flicked to Hoseok and a lazy smirk adorned his lips before he continued, "and admire the beauty this place has to offer?"

Hoseok blushed and Jimin observed the scene with a sinking feeling and slight anger. Hoseok saw Jimin finishing the glass of wine in a gulp and Hoseok looked down at his lap quietly.

"What do you do?"

Hoseok looked up at V as the question was directed at him. 

Hoseok smiled, his job was something he would probably be passionate about till he could not lift a finger anymore.

"I am a dance teacher."

"He owns a dance academy and he is my fiancé."

Hoseok and Jimin said at the same time.

V blinked, his body shifting from relaxed and flamboyant to tall and attentive. He masked his expression and reminded himself not to say what was on his mind. This is not the right time.

Instead, he looked at Hoseok and smiled genuinely, "that's remarkable."

Hoseok smiled weakly and mumbled, "thank you but please excuse me, I've been feeling seasick since afternoon. I'll be resting in my room."

Hoseok pecked Jimin's cheek and whispered that he was fine and Jimin squeezed Hoseok's hand, engagement rings overlapping, while muttering a rest well before Hoseok left the dining room.

Once the door closed, Jimin runs a hand through his hair in frustration.

"Oh god, Tae. He is attracted to you."

Surprisingly V or rather, Taehyung, who was adamant that Hoseok was nothing more than a gold digger pointed out, "you were attracted to me years ago. Most people are attracted to me. Until he makes a move or accepts my advances, nothing is proven."

He continued, "however, there is something more concerning. Do you always talk over him like that?"

"What? When?"

"Think about what he and you said when I asked Hoseok what he does."

"What was wrong with what I said?"

Taehyung sighed, "If you don't think something is wrong... things are more serious that I thought. Jimin. Do you treat Hoseok as an equal? Do you think he walked out to avoid me, or did he walk out because of you? Do you even remember when was the last time he talked to you about himself instead of just giving you a 'I'm fine' or 'I'm okay'?"

Taehyung rose to his feet and gave Jimin a pat on his shoulder.

"I'll be at the balcony."

Jimin thought back to this afternoon and when Hoseok left the dining table. His mind swirled with haphazard thoughts. Jimin poured himself another glass of wine.