Chapter 13

Hoseok does not know if his tears were of anger or of sadness. Perhaps they were of relief, for he had been waiting for an end, and he had always known why things had gotten so out of control.

He rarely raised his voice, but he was shouting with venom at the man he used to love. He did. He really loved Jimin once, but the love was all gone now.

"Yes you gave me everything you could but did you ever treat me as your equal? Just a few nights ago, I said I wasn't feeling well and did you care? No, all you cared about was a fucking blowjob."

Jimin was taken aback.

You said you were okay.

"When did you stop realising that I was not okay even when I said I was? Why didn't you ask just one more time?"

We have always been like this, you were always smiling and there to comfort me when I was stressed with work. And why didn't you trust me enough to tell me?

"Why did you buy me a gift every time I did something that makes you happy? Am I a whore that you have to pay?"

No! I never thought that way. I thought you liked my gifts, didn't you know that that was my way of saying I love you?

"I feel so dirty. I feel so far away from you. Every time you remind me how different we are with your fancy parties and extravagant gifts."

This was my life but it will be yours too. Everything that is mine is yours.

"I will never be able to live that sort of life. And when I thought I was doing well as a choreographer, you had to set up a dance academy for me. Who are you to ruin my dream for me? Who are you to take away my years of hard work and make me out as a lucky recipient?"

I thought I was helping you. I... I was hurting you?

"I can't anymore Jimin," Hoseok sobbed as his voice softened, breaking at the end.

"I can't stand myself thinking that everyone else sees me as a gold digger, I can't stand myself having nothing but a label as the fiancé of a rich man."

Jimin could not bear to reach over to hug the broken boy. How could he try to hug the pieces back together when he was the one who shattered Hoseok's heart?

"It became all about the money later on. It was a petty revenge. I was happy when you accepted my proposal because I could hurt you. I thought that after getting married, I would take your money away bit by bit, cheat on you, and leave you with nothing."

Jimin's heart clenched as Hoseok let out a choked cry. It sounded ugly. It raked against his ears. It didn't sound like Hoseok.

"I can't recognise myself anymore. Please. Please Jimin, let me go."